The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely in for 1! An 86 barlow, that is going to be pretty awesome. Clip point too!

Definitely carrying my 2019 86 today!

Some of you guys who are trying to inflate your post counts really aren't going about it the right way. The last few days has seen so many ancient threads resurrected with inconsequential posts. You're just making a mess of our sub-forum, please read the rules, and be more respectful :thumbsup:
It really is crazy Jack. The porch has been a mad house ever since Charlie posted that mock up. Maybe a mod or someone can weigh in soon about parameters of who is eligible to purchase a forum knife. That may get things back to normal soon. Who knows? It is a good thing that people are interested in traditional knives, but its blatantly obvious that people are just trying to boost their message counts up in order to meet some quota. These new threads popping up left and right are comical. Get off my lawn!!! Looking forward to the porch getting back to normal soon. I really do love it here.

Yeah the soup bone/oily creek bone knives were super nice. That seemed like a pretty consistent natural material for a run like this.

All of those bolsters look great! I did have a thought about maybe having an image on them. How about Bevis on one side and Butthead on the other?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, I like the bolster treatment in the image from GEC.

I noticed others had posted that they were in for this year's knife...

Crazy! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

It really is crazy Jack. The porch has been a mad house ever since Charlie posted that mock up. Maybe a mod or someone can weigh in soon about parameters of who is eligible to purchase a forum knife. That may get things back to normal soon. Who knows? It is a good thing that people are interested in traditional knives, but its blatantly obvious that people are just trying to boost their message counts up in order to meet some quota. These new threads popping up left and right are comical. Get off my lawn!!! Looking forward to the porch getting back to normal soon. I really do love it here.

Yeah, I hate this time of year, and this year it's worse than ever o_O I hope it passes soon, but we may be in for a few months of it unfortunately :( Sure are some pointy elbows :eek: Guys, when you're in the tent, you're supposed to p@%£ OUT! :rolleyes:

The forum knife selection thread used to be an exercise in traditional knife appreciation and the glory of the craftmanship of yesteryear.

RFWYeYB.jpg

ZYDL1f3.jpg

Now, some people just seem to want the forum knife to be as close as possible to a regular run GEC, just so they can get their hands on one. Terrible!

Why bother with choices and discussion at all, if the prevailing view is ‘whatever GEC sends us we will like it and buy two or three?’

The 2019 forum knife is a testament to what can happen if people are prepared to take a shot on something different and special.

zVJfq6R.jpg

Sincerely hope that there is still that appetite!

liqXdLD.jpg

I think a few of our members would complain about free beer in Heaven.

Last year, the forum knife tradition was nearly snuffed out.

This year, we have an amazing proposal From GEC in April (April!!!), a dealer who is willing to spend a lot of time handling logistics (thank you @gunstockjack) and some members are complaining that there has not been enough member input, etc., etc.

My view is that when good fortune smiles upon you it is wise to accept the blessings- for surely hardship will inevitably arise again.

In the past few years we have struggled to sell all of the forum knife run to members, and many here are already trying to create loyalty and purity tests to be able to buy a 2021 forum knife!

I beseech everyone to appreciate what GEC (and @waynorth and @gunstockjack) are willing to do for us this year, and save the salt and vinegar for 2022.

This 2021 forum knife is a huge win, and sometimes you just need to accept the “hole in one” or the “Hail Mary” for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back