The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelloDan

Basic Member
Why can't other canned meats be shown? Corned Beef is excellent :thumbsup:

Well, yes my friend, of course !
My BF 2019 has a very refined taste. Out of the tube it absolutely refused to touch spam but readily agreed for some fine Corned Beef … which just crumbled at the sight of its sabre grind :D

1NHv6aL.jpg

IoSrAxS.jpg

lhUsXk6.jpg

wwFIKxQ.jpg

5K Qs

Gold Member
Now, to stir the pot a little:
Anything but matchstrike crescent pulls! I know they've been used on high end knives in the past, but I can't look at them without thinking Rough Ryder.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'll never go on a cruise because those luxury liner portholes remind me of the fake "portholes" on the front fenders of my Grandma's 1958 Buick Special. :p

- GT

Mass1632

Gold Member
With black plum jigged bone covers, this knife will be a looker.

More importantly..... left hand pull, Anyone? I may be alone on this.

Oh no....the nuanced horror of various National Cuisines leads to a Fear Factor situation..;) BARF! That stuff is so repellent and the SMELL and texture of that pinky piggy foulings :eek: It won't patina the knife either ;) more likely traumatise it :D Why can't other canned meats be shown? Corned Beef is excellent :thumbsup: Mind you, Sabre grind has to have some (minor) victories in its woeful arsenal :D

As for 'oddities' in National Cuisines, try a search engine for what we've just gorged at Easter- Mämmi :D tastes good with thick cream and sugar but its appearance. er....:D Least it doesn't smell repulsive;)

Speaking of oddities & canned meat, be careful because someone might start posting pictures of an entire chicken in a can @waynorth :)

HEMI 49

Gold Member
Thanks Barry for undertaking this project..... It is very much appreciated...... @gunstockjack ... If you need a septuagenarian grunt for anything, let me know......

Also, thank you @Spark for giving the green light......

Charlie, a standing ovation for you, as always!... When you open your Waynorth Cutlery store in Buffalo I want a job as a clerk...... @waynorth

I think the Porch will have a wonderful knife that will be the envy of other clubs for years to come!!....

traumkommode

Gold Member
I like sawcut on a barlow. I think it's classic-est, too. I'm gonna bring back around something that I think r8shell r8shell suggested - ivory/white sawcut bone. I think it would look excellent with the lined/fluted bolsters. I've also been underwhelmed by a lot of the dye lately, but Copperhead Sawcut would be my second vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.