The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said before, I would like plain Ivory Bone, it really excels on Bareheads.

I assume it's pretty uniform so there can be no moaning about mine looks worse than his...:rolleyes:
Ages exceptionally well.

Not had Smooth Bone on a Forum Knife before.

7k54cAS.jpg

Sorry to change the subject folks - you are affecting so much fun!!:D

It's time we had a poll!!:cool: Before we do, let's let some bickering begin!!;)
This will eventually determine the handle on our knives!!:eek:
The least expensive is flat with beveled edges, and undyed, whether wood or bone. Sawcutting, rounding, dying, jigging etc. each add something to the cost. I say these things under my guiding principle of keeping costs low, but you of course should have what you want, as much as possible. Please let's rule out Stag or Horn (too expensive) and synthetics (for me guys!!:rolleyes:)
Everything else is on the table as mentioned above. So before we set this poll up, can we have a couple of days of opinions??o_O
Let's keep it civil, and Porch-like, and think twice before you put something crazy down that might be funny, but waste this opportunity!!
I know, I know - no fun!!:p
Whudda ya fancy??

Everything I really don't want has been ruled out (horn, stag, and synthetics). :D

That sure makes it easier, lol. I'm not a fan of most of GEC's jigged bone (please don't throw anything at me!), so I would prefer sawcut or smooth if we go bone. I'd also prefer that we keep it bovine (or a similarly domesticated animal) if bone is decided. No giraffe or anything like that please. Other than that, I'm game for any color and finish on the bone.

For wood, I'd be super happy with anything that isn't sawcut or dyed.

Personally, I'd most like to see any number of wood options or a smooth bone.

Just bringing this over for your convenience!!

It's time we had a poll!!:cool: Before we do, let's let some bickering begin!!;)
This will eventually determine the handle on our knives!!:eek:
The least expensive is flat with beveled edges, and undyed, whether wood or bone. Sawcutting, rounding, dying, jigging etc. each add something to the cost. I say these things under my guiding principle of keeping costs low, but you of course should have what you want, as much as possible. Please let's rule out Stag or Horn (too expensive) and synthetics (for me guys!!:rolleyes:)
Everything else is on the table as mentioned above. So before we set this poll up, can we have a couple of days of opinions??o_O
Let's keep it civil, and Porch-like, and think twice before you put something crazy down that might be funny, but waste this opportunity!!
I know, I know - no fun!!:p
Whudda ya fancy??

I'm going to be happy with anything within the parameters listed.

My general preference is almost always jigged bone. Especially deep random jigging.

However, for this barlow, I do tend to agree with many that sawcut bone would seem best.

While I'm excited about several suggestions I've seen, I'll stick with my original notion that sawcut hemlock green would be my top choice.

OK, so we'll need a poll for bone color and one for bone texture and one for wood type and one for wood texture and then a poll to decide between the winners of those polls. :thumbsup:

Now we're having some fun!

I like the Smooth Black Bone suggestion, but would raise the bar a bit by making it Camel bone.

I like a deep sawcut any color (within reason) or smooth white bone. Or wood. im very hard to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back