The Wonderous Wharncliffe

Here is my latest Case wharncliffe trapper. I've carried it several days in a row now. I like these knives.

StagRancherMiniTrapper003.jpg

Ed J

This mini wharncliffe trapper (top) arrived today:

7352645226_74306e1405_c.jpg

The tiny is certainly tiny (funny how that works), but the mini is a handfull, enough that I'd consider it full-size if I didn't know better. I look forward to using it.

~ P.

Sithus, I love what you did with that old Case slimline! You completely turned that mess into a winner.

Y'all are bad influences. ;)

Seeing those Case Swaybacks and all the other beautiful Wharncliffes made me give in.

This beauty (or one like it) should be here in a couple days weeks from a shop in Louisiana.

Attachments

• CA5526.jpg
    CA5526.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
How are you liking the sowbelly? I've got the curved regular and love it but I'm balking at the steel...

How are you liking the sowbelly? I've got the curved regular and love it but I'm balking at the steel...

Why?
It's performance is about equal to that of AUS8. Edge holding isn't much different than 1095. It should hold an edge somewhat better than 12C27.

If the answer lies in the country of origin, don't go there with your response. You won't like the result.

Why?
It's performance is about equal to that of AUS8. Edge holding isn't much different than 1095. It should hold an edge somewhat better than 12C27.

If the answer lies in the country of origin, don't go there with your response. You won't like the result.

Okay sorry. I wasn't planning on going there, just stating my thought. Apologies if any feathers were ruffled or panties bunched.

Back