12-15-08k%20012.jpg

12-15-08k%20002.jpg

12-15-08k%20004.jpg

12-15-08k%20005.jpg

12-15-08k%20006.jpg

12-15-08k%20007.jpg

12-15-08k%20008.jpg

HI CHRISTMAS TIBETAN KATANA SWORD BY ROYAL KAMI BURA

WOW---UNIQUE---NEVER BEFORE OFFERED --THIS SWORD CAME IN TODAY'S SHIPMENT AND AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURE IS TRULY A WORK OF ART TO ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION OR GIVE TO YOUR LOVED ONE FOR GIFT. I AM ESPECIALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE TIBETAN STYLE SCABBARD WHICH IS MADE OF WOOD, SILVER, TURQUOISE AND CORAL. ONE ONLY FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. POSTED BELOW IS A PICTURE AND THE SPECS. ENJOY!!!!

Overall length --36 1/4''
Weight -- 46 oz
Spine thickness -- 3/8''
Steel guard
The handle is made of US wange wood and silver
Silver bolster buttcap
Silver, turquoise and coral scabbard
Price $695.

On December 15, 2008, HIMALAYAN IMPORTS sold a HI CHRISTMAS TIBETAN KATANA
(Sword) to: Person from Florida
Some days later we were contacted by BANK and informed that the VISA credit card number that he gave for the purchase of this item was "STOLEN", and the money would have to be returned back to VISA CARD.
We have "proof" that the Package was received at the BRADENTON,Florida address(confirmation from USPS).We have tried to contact the person via the phone number and email address with NO LUCK at ALL!
Cheif, can you please make an suggestion on what to do! I do not expect the Custom made HI CHRISTMAS TIBETAN KATANA returned to HI (that would be fantastic), but is it possible for person to be prosecuted for "THEFT"!

Last edited:
If the name and shipping address listed on the credit card matches the name and the address that it was shipped to, I'm surprised the fraud department of the Bank is not investigating.

Does the bank know the above info?

If that Kat ever gets on a popular auction site or around here, someone is gonna get a whole lot of weight on his shoulders.

Karma is a wheel dude.

This sucks.

Yangdu, I am sorry to hear that someone defrauded your business.

You need to speak to a lawyer, right away, to find the best ways of pursuing a remedy for the problem.

The police should be involved at some point.
Since it's an interstate transaction, it is a federal crime, and you may be able to get the FBI to help you.
The bank that issued the card may have its own method of investigating, and so may your bank.

That's horrible!

Hopefully it's just some crazy misunderstanding and it gets worked out.

Yes, you could press charges for theft, as well as a civil suit for monetary losses.

However, if it turns out that it was indeed theft, then there's a good chance that the thief didn't use their real name. In fact, I'd recommend you remove the name of the person who "purchased" it from your post, because that may be an innocent person and it may be against some privacy law to post it in public. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess somebody else here does.

There are law enforcement people who deal specifically with credit card theft and internet theft. I have no idea how to contact them, but I'd guess that your bank would.

You may want to contact the United States Postal Inspectors office as this may include mail fraud among the charges.
Sorry to hear about this Yangdu, hope it works out for you. http://uspsoig.gov

Last edited:
In Dade and Broward Fl the Police have a special officer that deals with the pawn shops.
Everything that comes in is documented and collected daily and inspected by the police.
I don't know about the cities around where the sword was delievered but I'd send pictures/detailed letter to all surrounding Police Depts and hope it shows up in a pawn shop.
If that town was closer to me I'd go look for it myself.
Post that clowns contact info maybe someone will know him or live by him.

postal insurance claim?

sorry, that some people are jerks.

Bladite

You should definitely press charges. I can't imagine this being an accident, and I'd hate to see someone get away with treating HI and Yangdu's good will this way. Good luck, and keep us posted!

I called the Bradenton police department. They need the address you shipped the sword to in order to determine if it's in their jurisdiction.

You should be able to reach someone at:

941-932-9301.

If the address you shipped to was outside the city limits of Bradenton, the sheriff's department may be able to help.
Their direct number is :
941-747-3011 ext. 1549.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Auntie,
Sorry to hear of this! it is truly sad.

Just a thought on my part.
In the future you may want to request that purchasers provide their bank phone number along with their credit card number when purchasing, so that you may call and verify their information and wether or not the card is legitimate or stolen. Your bank may also be able to help with this if you inquire about it before shipping item out.

Call the Bradenton police Dept and the Sheriffs Dept send them a picture and description of the Katana along with the name and information sent to you in this transaction.
They should also be able to advise you of any further steps to be taken.

Either way, I can't see how HI should be held liable for this in any way. This should either be the bank's or the credit card company's problem.

Being in business for 20 something years this is the first time the theft got away with free Sword. Now the HI representative and police are working on this case. Thank you all for your kind suggestions.

well we have a large group of men dedicated to our beloved Aunt Yangdu, all of whom are loaded far beyond practical limits with sharp, massive chopping blades...just noting the obvious.

well we have a large group of men dedicated to our beloved Aunt Yangdu, all of whom are loaded far beyond practical limits with sharp, massive chopping blades...just noting the obvious.

Road trip? ;)

Theives really are disgusting. :grumpy:

Road trip? ;)

Theives really are disgusting. :grumpy:

Road trip? Yup. I'll bring the popcorn.

Disgusting? You got that right, too.

Sorry to hear of this, Yangdu. Hope it gets settled in HI's favor.

thx - cpr

Well, there's good news and bad news.
Bad news is, of course a one of a kind being stolen.

To the guy who stole it: you're a turd and you just messed with someone who has a LOT of friends.

Good news is, it's a federal crime, you have a address to start from, since you sent it via USPS to someone making a fraudulent purchase, it's probably mail fraud -- another federal charge, and not least of all, it is a one of a kind, you do have lots of friends, which is going to make it next to impossible to unload it without getting caught.

This is sad news...and angry news...but most especially I too feel for your loss of trust.

Leaving it to the authorities and Karma is one thing. I doubt I am alone in thinking that he who steals a sword should pay by a sword?

Back