Theft of HI Christmas Katana

I can remember way back when, Bill would ship you a knife before you even sent out a payment. This was before Paypal and I would just mail him a check. At that time I think that he only had one person to rip him off.

In our belief, stolen items will only bring misfortune. But it is exceptional when the item is a weapon! The joss will be very bad and possibly the weapon will do the thief harm.
Same as if you keep old weapons in your home that have been used to kill. The weapon needs to be cleansed by feng shui/qi dao Master. Process involves soaking in salt water and a few other things I dont know.
Like some of the guys are saying, its common sense that this person will try to sell this item. It is unique after all. Yes, this time common sense and Karma are the same. Some one will see it, someone else will tell someone and it will get around till it reaches a HI patriot. Then the thieves fate will happen.
Some might say that it is better to let the universe sort the thief out, but we also believe in "nemesis". That is, "a rightful act of retribution, carried out by an appropriate agent."

Or the FBI could just visit the mailing address and question the occupants, save us all alot of time.

Peace

I can remember way back when, Bill would ship you a knife before you even sent out a payment. This was before Paypal and I would just mail him a check. At that time I think that he only had one person to rip him off.

That was when a handshake was as good as an airtight contract...sigh.
Most people had pride and face then.
It would be great to actually be able to run a business like that.

"In the world I see - you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." - Tyler Durden

HI All,
Well, I found another site that I will keep an eye on for the sword...
it is called bladebid dot com
So far I have not seen anything about the sword in my net wanderings.
Ed

I'm moving down there in a few weeks....I'll keep an eye out for it too.

Also, remember you can write the loss off your taxes; get a police report if you can. Include shipping / etc. costs.

Been away for a while and this is the first I've heard about the theft. It really upsets me that someone stole from you this way. The guy (or gal) who did this should be removed from the gene pool ASAP, as he/she is not a welcome donor to it. I imagine that, were we members of any other species, Mr. Darwin would have long since had his way with the thief. Hope they catch the bastard.

As a first time buyer who had only a handful of posts on Bladeforum to my name (back in maybe 03), Bill sent me a knife that arrived while my check was in the mail to him. It's a trust that makes HI different from every other blade company out there.

I'm sorry to see that this happened and it's a disgrace.

Bill and Yangdu always sent out knives to me before getting my check. I always sent in the check the day I email a request.
Has this changed?

It was nice to know that you could trust Hi Imports, and they would always come through. I once had a BAS come with mail damage. Bill sent me a new knife in exchange - I sent him a photo of the damaged BAS and promptly mailed the damaged BAS back.

There are always a few dishonest people out there - but I hope that we don't see a lot more in the future.

Sorry to hear about this. Whoever stole this has probably bought into the worst karma ever. Bradenton's a good distance from me,but I'll keep my eyes open.

In our belief, stolen items will only bring misfortune. But it is exceptional when the item is a weapon! The joss will be very bad and possibly the weapon will do the thief harm.
Same as if you keep old weapons in your home that have been used to kill. The weapon needs to be cleansed by feng shui/qi dao Master. Process involves soaking in salt water and a few other things I dont know.
Like some of the guys are saying, its common sense that this person will try to sell this item. It is unique after all. Yes, this time common sense and Karma are the same. Some one will see it, someone else will tell someone and it will get around till it reaches a HI patriot. Then the thieves fate will happen.
Some might say that it is better to let the universe sort the thief out, but we also believe in "nemesis". That is, "a rightful act of retribution, carried out by an appropriate agent."

Or the FBI could just visit the mailing address and question the occupants, save us all alot of time.

Peace

No offense,but that's one reason I buy old weapons because it HAS killed someone/a human makes me happy inside to know I have a battle tested friend.

Same can be said for a new one,I absolutely WILL NOT buy something unless I know it can kill effectively.

Karma wants my butt it knows where to find me.

As to the sword,unless it's sold face-to-face it'll show up somewhere then we can get out the pliers :D

Krull, if you are concerned with an objects ability to KILL, be reminded that it is the person and not the weapon that kills.
Trust me on this, a screwdriver or shovel kills just as effectively as any knife.
And unless you are on an ancient battlefield surrounded by blade wielding foes, you might not need a good sword to fence with.

Otherwise, be assured that even your "untested" khukri can be used to kill just as well as it chops wood.
Lets face it now, saying that you "buy old weapons because it HAS killed someone/a human makes me happy inside" just sounds creepy and a little silly too...

Lets face it now, saying that you "buy old weapons because it HAS killed someone/a human makes me happy inside" just sounds creepy and a little silly too...

:eek: I'll say!

Using the "tested first" logic, we'd all buy everything second-hand.

"I got a used prophylactic today... that way, I KNOW it works!" :confused::barf:

Superb news!
HI Christmas Katana came back to Reno,:) thank you all for your supports.
Excellent service by USPS inspection:thumbup:
2-18-09k%20001.jpg

2-18-09k%20002.jpg

So nice,

I said it twice

D'oh! :eek:

Last edited:
Back