there is a green flipping frenzy going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, I'd say we are lucky to even be informed about these Sprint runs before they are released via these great Forums. Not only is it not other peoples business what is done with ones own property, I'd go so far as to say it's noones business what someone purchases to begin with.

At one time flippers bothered me. They don't bother me so much anymore.

I think we start out with tunnel vision and as time goes by we start to see the bigger picture.

Capitalism ? Snooze/Lose ? Whatever.

Bottom line, powernoodle summed it up pretty well.

But see, no one has to justify their behavior, because they are selling their knives that they own that they bought with their money because they were paying attention.

Nah. I think Sal is big enough to rise above the whiners. Besides, is there anything that was said in this thread that hasn't been repeated over and over again ad nauseum? If there was, I must have missed it. ;)

Right on both counts! :D

Hehe how naive of me to even try to suggest a solution to you when right at the start you already said that you didn't believe there was a problem.

Chuck, honestly, I proposed the only solution that I think would work. :) Well, I guess mass involuntary administration of anti-hypertensives might work, too? ;) :D

I love wisdom that comes packaged in small but potent doses. Here are a couple of doses that may have the power to cure what ails some folks in this thread:

1. "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change . . ."

2. "If you can't lick 'em, join 'em."

Last edited:
Never knew there was such a demand for PM2 sprints, thanks for the heads up ;):p:D

Yep this thread has accomplished one thing, people are going to be going after more sprints now, or dealer exclusives, especially the 2 in s90v coming up for preorder soon, they are gonna grab them up and I suspect a $500.00 price tag on these in the secondary market...

The scalpers are doing the knife community a favor. :)

They allow people who are years late to a knife, an opportunity to buy that knife. If everyone that bought them did so to use and keep, then those late comers would be without a knife. But now they have the opportunity to spend more and own the knife instead of only being able to look at a picture and complain that they missed out and don't have one.

So no one appreciates the service that people who sell new knives offer?

And do people who have a problem with flipping knives also have a problem with people who buy stocks and commodities? What about knife retailers? They are a middle man who only buy knives with the intention of reselling them and reselling them at a profit.

Yep this thread has accomplished one thing, people are going to be going after more sprints now, or dealer exclusives, especially the 2 in s90v coming up for preorder soon, they are gonna grab them up and I suspect a $500.00 price tag on these in the secondary market...

Astonishing! :eek: Move over Rick Hinderer!!!

S90V?!!!!!! WOW my fav!!! Will have to get my girlfriend and all my buddies to sign up for that one too!!!! :D
And do people who have a problem with flipping knives also have a problem with people who buy stocks and commodities? What about knife retailers? They are a middle man who only buy knives with the intention of reselling them and reselling them at a profit.
Better yet the people who have a problem with flipping, I hope there moral compass also guides them in the right direction when it comes time to pay state use tax from all the online purchases they make throughout the year. I mean, it is the law. Still havnt heard of a law against making profits/flipping. Well maybe cars on sunday here in the hoosier state :D

eta-I pay taxes on my profits ;)

One of the people who sold at a large profit justified it because his work hours were cut from 50 to 40 and he needed the money. In my case I went for 2 years with only about 20% of my salary.

Well I had to live off 5% of my salary for 5 years! And I had to walk uphill both ways to get there! In the snow! WITH NO SHOES!!!!

Well I had to live off 5% of my salary for 5 years! And I had to walk uphill both ways to get there! In the snow! WITH NO SHOES!!!!

I call BS!! First there are no hills in Florida and second it very rarely snows. The no shoes I can believe.:)

Nah, really. The orange was the same. The blue and brown would have been the same if they hadn't had multiple runs over time. Check prices on the S90V sprint. Nihil novum sub sole. :( :)

Neat knife but the hype is unbelievable.
I love Spydercos but I'm not sure the sprints are the best idea they seem to cause more frustration than anything.

Neat knife but the hype is unbelievable.
I love Spydercos but I'm not sure the sprints are the best idea they seem to cause more frustration than anything.

Not at all. The ones who get in on the pre order can feel smug. The flippers can make a profit. And the rest can make a gripe thread. :D

paid for one night of my pups vet bill. thanks sechip, She fought hard, but in the end she just couldn't win, She died around 8 a.m this morning.

All the bickering in this thread aside, my condolences on your loss. I lost my cat last night so I know how you feel. He was with me almost constantly every night for 12 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back