there is a green flipping frenzy going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be a simple solution to this problem. If you are the type that gets angry about people buying knives with the intention of selling them, then when a sprint comes out, stop watching the transactions in the exchange. Resist the urge to stick your nose into other peoples business. Of course I realize this suggestion will never work. There will always be people who like to watch what other people do. They are the type that look out the blinds to see what the neighbors are doing. They usually find something to get upset about. I find life to be much to short to get all worked up over what someone else is doing with a piece of luxury cutlery.

:thumbup:

I love it when you talk dirty to me. ;)

But we really should get back to the topic which is complaining about complaining.

May I take this opportunity to complain about the complaining of the complaining?

Or would you protest such interjection on my part? If so, you'd leave me no choice but to counter-protest.

In summary . . .

I'd protest your protesting of my complaining about the complaining of the complaining. Got it? :)

Oh, and to stay (somewhat) on topic how many owners of the new green PM2's intend to use them as EDC? How many will be setting them aside as shelf queens?

Oh, and to stay (somewhat) on topic how many owners of the new green PM2's intend to use them as EDC? How many will be setting them aside as shelf queens?

This will be my 6th PM2 and my 4th sprint/exclusive PM2. I'll be setting it aside because I use the S30V version for a knock about EDC.

There may be a simple solution to this problem. If you are the type that gets angry about people buying knives with the intention of selling them, then when a sprint comes out, stop watching the transactions in the exchange. Resist the urge to stick your nose into other peoples business. Of course I realize this suggestion will never work. There will always be people who like to watch what other people do. They are the type that look out the blinds to see what the neighbors are doing. They usually find something to get upset about. I find life to be much to short to get all worked up over what someone else is doing with a piece of luxury cutlery.

I don't particularly care what other people do when it doesn't affect me. When it DOES affect me then I'm a little more interested. I wanted one of the green knives, I wanted one real badly, but they got sucked up before I could order one. IF all of the people that purely intended to sell for profit had not bought theirs, the preorder might have lasted long enough for more true enthusiasts to buy one. But I'm just a working guy and I can't spend unlimited funds to buy a knife just because it was pretty. One of the people who sold at a large profit justified it because his work hours were cut from 50 to 40 and he needed the money. In my case I went for 2 years with only about 20% of my salary.

So yes when someone goes into the grocery store in front of me and buys all of the toilet paper, and then when I show up to buy some I find that it is all gone because I got there late so I have to go out in the parking lot and buy it from this person for 3 times the price, I might want to complain about it a little bit. And if this happened to 90% of the people on this forum they would be complaining about it too and not justifying it as just what people do in a free economy. Under some situations our government even makes this illegal.

I'm still completely amazed at all of the people that justify this behavior. I've been going to knife shows and buying knives for a long time. I always viewed knives as a high point of man's creativity and manufacturing, and not a business where everybody is trying to get rich at someone else's expense, and I viewed the people I met at knife shows as craftsmen and honest upfront people. The internet seems to have polluted this.

I wanted one of the green knives, I wanted one real badly, but they got sucked up before I could order one.

If you stay informed you won't miss these. If you don't you will. Sorry you missed out.

They wouldn't have lasted much longer if there had been a limit of one. When they make a small run of a knife people want they will sell out fast no matter what. Staying informed is the only way you will get these hot items. Its not just that way with Spyderco.
Its just a knife. I've missed items before when I stayed away from the forums for a few weeks, but I didn't let it bother me one bit since it was my own fault. It was then my choice whether to buy at a mark up or not, and I did a few times.
Try not to let it bother you much because it will always be this way.

You now know what needs to be done to get these items, so good luck in the future.

Speaking of Green :D, thanks to a dear friend here on BF, he is sending me today a NIB D2 Para. This one is a keeper.
Thank you very much Al.
rolf

I had preordered one, but I bought a new summer weight ultralight sleeping bag instead, someone else is going to get mine

May I take this opportunity to complain about the complaining of the complaining?

Or would you protest such interjection on my part? If so, you'd leave me no choice but to counter-protest.

In summary . . .

I'd protest your protesting of my complaining about the complaining of the complaining. Got it? :)

Sure you may just as long as you don't complain about the complaining of the complaining of the the....:confused:

:thumbup:

If you stay informed you won't miss these. If you don't you will. Sorry you missed out.

They wouldn't have lasted much longer if there had been a limit of one. When they make a small run of a knife people want they will sell out fast no matter what. Staying informed is the only way you will get these hot items. Its not just that way with Spyderco.
Its just a knife. I've missed items before when I stayed away from the forums for a few weeks, but I didn't let it bother me one bit since it was my own fault. It was then my choice whether to buy at a mark up or not, and I did a few times.
Try not to let it bother you much because it will always be this way.

You now know what needs to be done to get these items, so good luck in the future.

The problem we have here Ken is that people want to have their cake and it eat too. Some people want to flip and yet they want all people to still have a good opiinion of them. Here's the thing, if somebody does something which a big part of a population finds unsavory, then he should accept that people are going to be complaining about his practices. It's really not just other people miniding other people's business, it's other people protesting behavior that they find unsavoury.

You really didn't come into this thread to complain about the protestst, you came to defend the flippers. Just as long as we get that clear. You and jtoler and the rest had to find a different angle of attack because as it has already been obvious from the thread, no excuse will suffice to convince us that flipping is okay.

You can state your excuses one more time, and it is your right to state them but it is also our right to refuse to accept the excuses and be convinced by them. Just don't make the argument that people shouldn't stick their noses into other's business when in our opinion, that business is unsavoiry.

Last edited:
Bunch of babies. Guess what? I didn't like the price of the blue M390 and I didn't buy it. I also missed the orange sprint run and didn't like the price on the secondary market and I didn't buy one. No big deal. I can and will live without them. I have a lot of knives,more than I can wear out in a life time. Just move on. Life is too short. I promise there will be others. For the record I pre-ordered 2 with the sole purpose of flipping at least one if not both. I also intend to pre-order the Manix XL in S90V. I may or may not flip one or both. I really like the Manix XL so I don't know yet. I sleep just fine too.

Bunch of babies. Guess what? I didn't like the price of the blue M390 and I didn't buy it. I also missed the orange sprint run and didn't like the price on the secondary market and I didn't buy one. No big deal. I can and will live without them. I have a lot of knives,more than I can wear out in a life time. Just move on. Life is too short. I promise there will be others. For the record I pre-ordered 2 with the sole purpose of flipping at least one if not both. I also intend to pre-order the Manix XL in S90V. I may or may not flip one or both. I really like the Manix XL so I don't know yet. I sleep just fine too.

Ahhh yes, of course you'll bad mouth the people complaining about your practices.

Guess what? I got in on the pre order, so I won't have to do without. ;)

The problem we have here Ken is that people want to have their cake and it eat too.

We don't have a problem. Some people just want to make it seem as if there is a problem when there is none.

You really didn't come into this thread to complain about the protestst, you came to defend the flippers. Just as long as we get that clear.

You would be wrong. The people that have sold at a profit don't need defending by me.
I don't see a reason for threads like these, but I understand free speech is a good thing. If people need to whine I understand they are free to do so, just like I'm free to whine about those whining:p

I'm still completely amazed at all of the people that justify this behavior.

But see, no one has to justify their behavior, because they are selling their knives that they own that they bought with their money because they were paying attention. And respectfully, your toilet paper analogy falls short because toilet paper is a staple and everyone has to wipe their rear ends. No one "needs" a sprint run knife. Just my take.

And honestly, when I pay $147 for my green Para 2, and see them going for $300 on eBay, its not impossible that I'll end up selling mine too. $150 in free money is hard to pass up.

We don't have a problem. Some people just want to make it seem as if there is a problem when there is none.

Well, just like I say. Some people don't want to accept that there is a problem. ;)

You would be wrong. The people that have sold at a profit don't need defending by me.
I don't see a reason for threads like these, but I understand free speech is a good thing. If people need to whine I understand they are free to do so, just like I'm free to whine about those whining:p

Yep, you're free to whine about us. I already said that. Just don't take it badly when we whine about your whining. :D

But whether you accept it or not, you are defending the flippers when you say there is no problem precisely because we think there is. Lemme explain the train of thought. We think that there is a problem about guys flipping knives. You say there's no problem. Indirectly, you are defending them. I guess you won't agree with this too. :D

allen it is absolutely all right if you want to post what i paid for the knife. I consider myself fortunate to have been able to get one so quickly... and not outrageously over priced. so once again allen thanks. ps. I hope the pup is still doing ok! scott

paid 140 something , sold for 240, Insurance and shipping was 11 dollars so i made 70 something dollars profit. Which paid for one night of my pups vet bill. thanks sechip, She fought hard, but in the end she just couldn't win, She died around 8 a.m this morning.

Here's the thing, if somebody does something which a big part of a population finds unsavory, then he should accept that people are going to be complaining about his practices. It's really not just other people miniding other people's business, it's other people protesting behavior that they find unsavoury.
You and jtoler and the rest had to find a different angle of attack because as it has already been obvious from the thread, no excuse will suffice to convince us that flipping is okay..

Really?
Are you really that far gone or just trying to stir the pot again? Dude, we have done this dance several times since I joined the forums. I never really felt like I was defending anything. Not sure how you got that impression from me. It wasn't my intention. I don't feel under attack so I can't imagine what there would be to defend? I just enjoy a spirited debate and discussion. No harm meant seriously.
Are you making a declaritive statement that you are attacking? And suggesting that I defend it? If so, no thanks. You and the club you belong to win.
It is starting to feel like maybe your favorite hobby has evolved and changed right beneath your feet and you are strugling to come to terms with the next generation of folks into blades.
If you and the majority population feel unsavory practices abound, then petition for the rules to be changed in your favor. Until then, enjoy the show and the high blood pressure.

I had preordered one, but I bought a new summer weight ultralight sleeping bag instead, someone else is going to get mine

paid 140 something , sold for 240, Insurance and shipping was 11 dollars so i made 70 something dollars profit. Which paid for one night of my pups vet bill. thanks sechip, She fought hard, but in the end she just couldn't win, She died around 8 a.m this morning.

I'm so sorry man, that's like losing your best friend/ child. Smoke sent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back