there is a green flipping frenzy going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just like I say. Some people don't want to accept that there is a problem. ;)

But whether you accept it or not, you are defending the flippers when you say there is no problem precisely because we think there is.

And I could say some don't want to accept there is no problem. Don't put all of us in your "we" catagory. Some think its a problem but I don't think most do. No one can say who is right, as peoples opinions will vary.

I swore I wouldn't let you drag me into this and here I am replying again.:eek:

Carry on, and have fun with the thread.

thanks dcycleman, I still have my little boy(hopefully its a boy anyway,but a girls fine too) on the way, so that makes it a little easier.. Sorry for getting off track , back to the arguments!!

Well, just like I say. Some people don't want to accept that there is a problem. ;)

Chuck, without animosity, I completely disagree that there is any problem here, other than the fact that friends are getting testy with each other. :)

Just for fun, let's assume you're correct. Now what?

That's what I would really, really, really like to hear someone (Chuck, you're up) state: tell how this gets fixed without turning sprints into open-ended full production knives. Going to 1/customer is not a solution, either, since as we have seen with other knives (example: the CPM-M4 C36 KW exclusive) even with 1/customer people buy with the intent to resell immediately.

Chuck, without animosity, I completely disagree that there is any problem here, other than the fact that friends are getting testy with each other. :)

I agree about the getting testy with each other part, and thanks. I'll be bowing out after this post.

That's what I would really, really, really like to hear someone (Chuck, you're up) state: tell how this gets fixed without turning sprints into open-ended full production knives. Going to 1/customer is not a solution, either, since as we have seen with other knives (example: the CPM-M4 C36 KW exclusive) even with 1/customer people buy with the intent to resell immediately.

I dunno if this will work since this seems to be a complicated problem. In a previous post, I suggested that the threat of additional runs might dissuade speculation. For example: How many people would buy an S90V para if there's a run on the horizon? If a manufacturer was serious about controlling speculation, they might work up an additional run when the secondary market prices start going above a certain price point.

That's just me though. I'm not much on solutions. I'm more of a "point out the problem and let the smart ones take care of it" kind of guy. A squeaking wheel so to speak. :D

Something like 7 of those posted for sale in the last 24 hours, 6 in about 9 hours today, all for incredibly high prices. Did anybody buy one to actually keep or collect or use? That explains why they sell out fast and ordinary people have such a hard time getting in on the pre-order. This is about the same as when concert tickets or football tickets go on sale- the scalpers buy all of them and the ordinary guys are stuck paying inflated prices or staying home.

Very true. It appears the douche baggery was strong with that one.

OK. So let's assume everyone who sold their knives for a huge gain is a douchebag. Now what?

See you on the other side! :D

PS: That was way too easy! ;)

Last edited:
I agree about the getting testy with each other part, and thanks. I'll be bowing out after this post.

I dunno if this will work since this seems to be a complicated problem. In a previous post, I suggested that the threat of additional runs might dissuade speculation. For example: How many people would buy an S90V para if there's a run on the horizon? If a manufacturer was serious about controlling speculation, they might work up an additional run when the secondary market prices start going above a certain price point.

That's just me though. I'm not much on solutions. I'm more of a "point out the problem and let the smart ones take care of it" kind of guy. A squeaking wheel so to speak. :D

I'm guessing you're still here ;) The thing here is that I don't see a solution, other than having no sprints at all. Which someone less patient than Sal would say is exactly what we deserve? :confused: :(

Nah. I think Sal is big enough to rise above the whiners. Besides, is there anything that was said in this thread that hasn't been repeated over and over again ad nauseum? If there was, I must have missed it. ;)

You know, Mr. Sal also sells knives for more than it cost him. Does this mean he's an evildoer too? I sure hope not, because I sorta like him.

I'm guessing you're still here ;) The thing here is that I don't see a solution, other than having no sprints at all. Which someone less patient than Sal would say is exactly what we deserve? :confused: :(

Hehe how naive of me to even try to suggest a solution to you when right at the start you already said that you didn't believe there was a problem.

Nope, wont work, the M390 Blue Para 2 is a perfect example. There have been 2 runs and another one is coming out sometime in 2014 which is the "threat" you speak of and they are still selling for $100 to almost double what they sold for originally.

There is only one way to stop flipping/collecting and that is to get rid of all Sprint runs and Limited editions and make everything a regular production knife. That is also nearly impossible considering some of the steels used in these runs. My understanding is Cruwear is very hard to work with so if someone told Spyderco they had to make the coming Millie Cruwear sprint run a regular production knife they would probably just laugh.

Getting rid of all sprint runs would set off a revolt and its probably not something Spyderco would even consider anyway. Like I said earlier in this thread to many Catch-22's any which way you go.

Last edited:
paid 140 something , sold for 240, Insurance and shipping was 11 dollars so i made 70 something dollars profit. Which paid for one night of my pups vet bill. thanks sechip, She fought hard, but in the end she just couldn't win, She died around 8 a.m this morning.

My condolences Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back