there is a green flipping frenzy going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing that really makes me gag about all of this is when people put their sale threads up with the following statements like "My tastes have changed over time" or "I completely forgot I had this on preorder, silly me". Just post your sale threads without the obnoxious bull crap and carry on. On the microscopic chance that any of those statements are actually true I still dont want to hear it anyway. Thanks!
There's the problem, all right. Some folks want to be able to sell their knives at a profit when they can, but they don't want to be perceived as scoundrels by prospective buyers and other forumites when they do. So they feel compelled to make excuses to reduce that risk. As with most human interactions, however, there's more than one side to the story. If we didn't make them feel like garbage when they put their knives up for sale at a profit, they wouldn't feel the need to litter their sales threads with explanations.

To paraphrase The Bard, dear kawr, the fault is not in our stars but in ourselves.

Last edited:
There may be a simple solution to this problem. If you are the type that gets angry about people buying knives with the intention of selling them, then when a sprint comes out, stop watching the transactions in the exchange. Resist the urge to stick your nose into other peoples business. Of course I realize this suggestion will never work. There will always be people who like to watch what other people do. They are the type that look out the blinds to see what the neighbors are doing. They usually find something to get upset about. I find life to be much to short to get all worked up over what someone else is doing with a piece of luxury cutlery.

There may be a simple solution to this problem. If you are the type that gets angry about people buying knives with the intention of selling them, then when a sprint comes out, stop watching the transactions in the exchange. Resist the urge to stick your nose into other peoples business. Of course I realize this suggestion will never work. There will always be people who like to watch what other people do. They are the type that look out the blinds to see what the neighbors are doing. They usually find something to get upset about. I find life to be much to short to get all worked up over what someone else is doing with a piece of luxury cutlery.

But then they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Then you can't complain about complaining people too. :)

I thought you might say something like this. I think the quote below describes how I feel.

Stop replying with the same nanner-nanner replies, and discuss the topic.

In short, we can settle this like adults. Isn't that right Mr. poopy pants? ;).

But if we can't complain about your complaining, then by your logic this eliminates all complaining. Eureka, it's utopia.

Last edited:
I thought you might say something like this. I think the quote below describes how I feel.

In short, we can settle this like adults. Isn't that right Mr. poopy pants? ;).

But if we can't complain about your complaining, then by your logic this eliminates all complaining. Eureka, it's utopia.

I guess my reply was too subtle agent J. Lemme explain a bit more. I'm compaining about something that somebody is doing. You're complaining about something that I am doing. I figure we're doing the same thing. What makes your complaining more reasonable than mine?

I guess my reply was too subtle agent J. Lemme explain a bit more. I'm compaining about something that somebody is doing. You're complaining about something that I am doing. I figure we're doing the same thing. What makes your complaining more reasonable than mine?

You're as subtle as a gun Sir. But to answer your question, nothing. I think the only difference may be that your side is upset and I am just enjoying our public discussion.

You're as subtle as a gun Sir. But to answer your question, nothing. I think the only difference may be that your side is upset and I am just enjoying our public discussion.

Nice change of direction. :)

But lemme analyze this. Why are you really complaining about my complaining? If I have to make a guess, it's because you didn't like the direction that our complaining was taking, correct? The only thing is you couldn't persuade us that our setiments were wrong, so you had to take a different tack. :D

I think that you are more upset than you let on. :D

Last edited:

Very well stated Todd, You hit the nail right on the head...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back