Thoughts about pre-orders

I’d like to chime in and throw out a question since the basic standard FK2 configuration is mentioned in this thread.

Would it be a nightmare to have more options when it comes to scale and sheath colors?

Keeping it simple by offering 3 color combos such as black micarta with a black sheath, natural micarta with a tan sheath and camo micarta with an OD green sheath could attract more idiots like myself that like having options even though it’s a utilitarian model.

Last edited:
Makes two of us! :p
eye-roll.jpg

as much as pre orders are horrible, 90 degrees spines are even worse. They're just awful. But there are some people who legitimately have a use for them and would like to be able to order their knife with a 90-degree spine. I'm happy to oblige on a specialty basis but it is not going to be a standard offering. Hence the need for pre-order.
Nathan, a 90 degree spine has some legitimate purposes. Glad you are considering them. Out of curiosity, why such disdain for them?

Nathan, a 90 degree spine has some legitimate purposes. Glad you are considering them. Out of curiosity, why such disdain for them?

It's an unfinished knife. A common element on a cheap knife. A rookie mistake (when unintentional). The only part of a well made knife that should be able to cut you is the edge. Everything else should be chamfered or rounded. Unless it's an intentional feature for throwing sparks from a ferro rod and scraping wood, which perhaps 1% of users might want. As an extremely judgemental knife snob, I see these on other knives and judge. Unless it's a bush craft knife. Then I get it...

Back