Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

And this Imperial.....
7wiUcbg.jpg

(Well used by my dad.)

XM9JSTG.jpg

Imperial combo set, I was told was about 4 bucks new in the late 50s to 60s. Well going with 1960 I looked up the inflation rate.
"Adjusted for inflation, $4.00 in 1960 is equal to $34.96 in 2020. Annual inflation over this period was 3.68%."
Well considering I gave 20 bucks for it at a flea market I'm still coming out ahead when adjusted for inflation :p:thumbsup:

Talk about thrifty...
The NRA gave away thousands of these free with an annual membership? Maybe you had one. Mine was not only economical but it is actually a pretty decent little (3.25") light weight slicer! :thumbsup::thumbsup: All three blades operate smoothly, with a pull of around five, no blade rub and cut real well. The springs are flush when they're suppose to be and having no liners or bolsters it's a light knife for light work.
doSXV4c.jpg

Would you call it a shadow stockman? I call it, "My No Cost Lightly Used Imperial Office Knife from Ireland", now retired but still very much appreciated. :)

That's a good looking knife :thumbsup:
Belated thanks, Mike. :)

This Rough Rider mini canoe cost me under $6.50 (taxes and shipping included) back in 2017.
mini.tort.mark.1open.jpg

- GT

ETA: On 4/15/21, I discovered that this tortoiseshell mini canoe that I posted in January 2021 was a repeat of a knife I posted in August 2020! :eek: That kind of recycling must be thrifty, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back