Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

here is mine I found in the side of the road all rusted up while walking the dog, believe it is the same model. Have shown this before after prying it open after a oil bath. still a work in progress, but a good knife for free.
That is the same model. Good free knife for sure.

That looks like a Schrade to me, if it does not have pivot pins visible in the bolsters it is probably a Schrade with the swinden key type of construction.
Here is another Craftsman knife I got in a box exchange. who manufactured the Craftsman? Camillus?

That looks like a Schrade to me, if it does not have pivot pins visible in the bolsters it is probably a Schrade with the swinden key type of construction.
I think the Craftsman knives were all made by Camillus?

Here is another Craftsman knife I got in a box exchange. who manufactured the Craftsman? Camillus?
It’s a schrade/ulster. At that time both brands were made in the same factory and were pretty much the same products with slight variation in aesthetics. Your knife is the same as any 4” swinden schrade stockman but it has the ulster style main blade.

I think the Craftsman knives were all made by Camillus?
Schrade made a lot of craftsman knives also but camillus did make up the bulk of it from the 70’s onward I believe. In the 50’s and 60’s craftsman seemed fond of their logo etched on schrade stamped knives, those pop up fairly often.

L6r4PTg.jpg

"Nuff said.

These two Colonials are thrifty!
Very cool! My first knife was a Forest-Master I got about 1960, and it was essentially my only pocket knife until January of 2014.

Here's a Buck Trio that I bought for under $10 at Walmart in February 2014. It's essentially the Chinese version of a Buck 303:
View attachment 1637193

- GT
wow! I don’t think I could sleep at night knowing I only had one pocket knife in 54 years! Lol 🤪

... Buck Trio that I bought for under $10 at Walmart in February 2014. It's essentially the Chinese version of a Buck 303:
Yep. Gr8 to try to see if you like the size before spending the big bucks (no pun intened) on a 303. :)

I know it’s not Thursday anymore, but hey, I just did some Christmas shopping for myself (a case stockman) so being off one day is pretty accurate for me 😊

here are two cute RRs I treated myself recently. A medium stockman, and it’s trapper cousin. Interestingly the trapper clip point is a lockback.

B16-C2588-32-D0-4-A74-9643-03-A11-B6-CBA27.jpg

Back