Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

Oh those look sweet. They make one with a faux horn handle I'd love. Only problem is they are about a full size trapper length. If they were like the length of a Barlow I'd already have it ordered! Any idea what steel it is?
It is a good size and solid knife.

This one is Inox steel.

This Rough Ryder Wharncliffe trapper was an almost-thrifty purchase (34¢ over my $10 thrifty threshold) last summer. Carbon steel blades, synthetic covers, and I like the spey/wharncliffe combo better than clip/wharncliffe that's probably more common for an "improved" trapper.
wt.pile.2open.onback.deck.jpg

- GT

Ap09UIf.jpg

Jowika Republic of Ireland shell-handle (I forgot I had this) and an Imperial advertiser advertiser (your copy here).

Victorinox serrated paring knife probably could have been my Knife of the Year for 2021. I spent most of my adult life, until about 6 years ago, using a cheap plastic-handled serrated steak knife as my go-to knife in the kitchen. This Vic has me feeling quite nostalgic, but it's a better knife than my old steak knife, and didn't cost much more than you'd pay per knife for a set of cheap steak knives from Target, and it even has a tiny Swiss cross on the handle!
serrsheep.mark.study.jpg

- GT

Back