Tidings and the return of Schatt and Morgan?

GwAczCE.jpg

schatt and morgan sure have some fine looking knives. Lets just hope these new ones have solid fit and finish along with a qc we can count on.

One of the things that really irks me about GEC’s distribution is how if you follow the links for several of their authorized dealers, it takes you directly to the Bay. That doesn’t sit right with me. :thumbsdown:

Now back on topic, this lovely S&M keystone English jack came today. It’s gorgeous and its fit and finish are superb. It has joined one of my modern/traditional edc pairings...
AVRUhi0.jpg

I love it! :)

It was worth it to see that excellent English Jack. ;)

1602967607085352112556.jpg 16029676434512074382758.jpg
I only have 2 schatt and Morgan knives, I like both of them. The #40 gunstock is from the Daniels family era, and to be honest is my favorite of the 2. The only discernable flaw is a is an ever so slight gap between the mark side liner and spring... I've definitely seen worse, and unless you're really looking it's hardly noticable. The half stop on the pen blade of the pearl handled 43 is a bit wonky, but again it's something that I can live with. I'm not a rabid collector, but I'm really looking forward to see what the new iteration of S and M have to offer.

View attachment 1438840 View attachment 1438841
I only have 2 schatt and Morgan knives, I like both of them. The #40 gunstock is from the Daniels family era, and to be honest is my favorite of the 2. The only discernable flaw is a is an ever so slight gap between the mark side liner and spring... I've definitely seen worse, and unless you're really looking it's hardly noticable. The half stop on the pen blade of the pearl handled 43 is a bit wonky, but again it's something that I can live with. I'm not a rabid collector, but I'm really looking forward to see what the new iteration of S and M have to offer.

That gunstock is super nice!

Definitely exciting news. Hope they can improve on the fit and finish of the knives.

20201018_120356.jpg 20201018_122021.jpg This S&M arrived last week...... Beautifully made and in wonderful condition..... I'm not sure what drove the design of the long blades?.... It seems like an oversized doctor's knife....
Anyone know common use(s) for this knife?

I think that knife is designated as Slim Coke bottle being part of the File & Wire Series 2003

View attachment 1439240 View attachment 1439223 This S&M arrived last week...... Beautifully made and in wonderful condition..... I'm not sure what drove the design of the long blades?.... It seems like an oversized doctor's knife....
Anyone know common use(s) for this knife?

Long spearpoints make good utility and lunch knives, e.g. the Mercator. The Boker 712 is a leverlock auto with a spearpoint. I have an English Jack from S&M with a spearpoint in Ats34 and its an excellent blade. It's a good user.

Long spearpoints make good utility and lunch knives, e.g. the Mercator. The Boker 712 is a leverlock auto with a spearpoint. I have an English Jack from S&M with a spearpoint in Ats34 and its an excellent blade. It's a good user.
Thank you Sir.......

I am so delighted to hear that S&M are going to be made again in the USA. The new owner should be applauded for investing in an American factory, with American workers making a classic American product.

I love the brand and I will definitely be a customer.:)

8Z5oT1R.jpg

dAnmINS.jpg

Pretty amazing to be able to score a ( new old stock ) 2011 knife from a dealers shelf. This one is as near perfect as I have ever seen from Queen/S&M. Smooth stout clean action, firm snap open and closed, no gaps, edge grinds pretty close to even. It's sharp enough to cut stuff, but could use a little work to really shine. I hope the new owners and the craftsman they hire can keep the good lines and blade grinds that many of the shown examples exhibit, and make them of reliable build from specimen to specimen. What gives me concern is seeing NOS out there in several places, and it makes me wonder how willing dealers are going to be to invest in any numbers of product. I think it would be good for the new owners to hit the knife shows hard with representative product for the dealers to see and handle, I wish them the best of luck!

Back