TiTAN 2.0 Pre-Order / Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates for 2014?

Blades should be back from heat treat this week. Used a local source for the stainless S35VN backspacers and they came back under RC 56 with warping issues. A good glass breaker should be closer to RC 61-62. Luckily I had a bunch of extras water jet so no problems. New backspacers go to Paul Bos Heat Treating just like the blades. I'm also working on the packaging for the TiTAN 2. Custom zippered cases!

Blades should be back from heat treat this week. Used a local source for the stainless S35VN backspacers and they came back under RC 56 with warping issues. A good glass breaker should be closer to RC 61-62. Luckily I had a bunch of extras water jet so no problems. New backspacers go to Paul Bos Heat Treating just like the blades. I'm also working on the packaging for the TiTAN 2. Custom zippered cases!
So assuming Bos takes the same amount of time for the backspacers as the blades, at least another month? Blades can be ground without the backspacers. What will be held up by the backspacers and what other work will you be able to keep on schedule? Since the mid December estimate is now totally out, can you give us any sort of updated rough estimate or are there just too many variables up in the air at this moment in time?

sweet, so just let me know when someone drops out :D

To anyone on the list, don't feel guilty if you have to drop out, I'll be there to pick up your knife :)

So assuming Bos takes the same amount of time for the backspacers as the blades, at least another month? Blades can be ground without the backspacers. What will be held up by the backspacers and what other work will you be able to keep on schedule? Since the mid December estimate is now totally out, can you give us any sort of updated rough estimate or are there just too many variables up in the air at this moment in time?

I don't want to keep making dates and breaking them. Sometimes it seems it's always two steps forward and one step back. My rough estimate is a month baring any surprises. Honestly I can't wait to get a kiln so I can do this in-house and keep the variables to a minimum.

Custom serialized zipper cases for the TiTAN 2!

DSC02124_zps87602536.jpg

Laser etched tags
DSC02125_zps193f1ed6.jpg

Pocket clip w/ built in lock stop bent to shape and hand sanded.

DSC02126_zps0f07d5bf.jpg

DSC02127_zps87561ca3.jpg

I'll be in the shop working the next two days so expect more updates and photos soon! I'm doing a bunch of hand sanding work cleaning up these parts post HT.

You do the extra little personal touches and doodads better than any other knife maker I'm familiar with. The neat folding box, precise foam cutouts, and that signature wax seal really were great additions to the original TiTAN. The knife is just as good wrapped in reused newspaper, but those little extra things certainly add something fun and unusual. Your extras show a real love for design and are much nicer than the standard knife case with a machine made patch slapped on it. Keep at it and I'll try and keep my impatience in check. Thanks for taking a moment to share as it is very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back