To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Saw some Peruvian walnut and maple that I liked in Woodcraft. So I whipped up a box.

psYYWPFh.jpg

Holy crap, took a break from the interwebz and I come back to some incredibly Epic work. You guys have some seriously awesome work going on, I don't even know where to start!

Been a while, Cherry hall table for a friend, still have to make the front curves and drawer. This one has been challenge.
tVFLsld.jpeg
That's classy right there Scott.
I have a cedar strip kayak build in progress. Hope to get it in the water in the spring.

Rjl6p61.jpg
Would love to see more of this process, and more of that tool chest in the back!
only View attachment 2330377View attachment 2330379Crafted 5 since 1989. Just for pleasure
Nice inlay, that must take patience.
Some cowboy things:

Loop Holsters. I really enjoy building these:

sSe9NSl.jpg

While often thought of as a primarily single action holster they work well for double actions too. I probably make more for double actions then I do for single actions. This one was ordered to fit a Colt 1873 frame and a Smith K frame:

OftwYw5.jpg

iDjOAPo.jpg

For a big Colt Anaconda:

Just fun builds. Made a few roper wallets lately too. The wife builds these I was just involved in the designs:

keRfAwT.jpg

8o7Pyfg.jpg

SLXEp2Q.jpg

gHkPet6.jpg

I stopped making leggings a while back. Just really didn't have the time anymore. I built a pair of AZ Bells (Stepins) here lately for a friend. My end of a trade. He left me an old pair that I could take apart for a pattern to get the size right. They are the brown ones hanging on the shelf corner underneath the new light grey one's I built him.

kMxCxJe.jpg

Notice that the old brown ones are heavily creased down the front:

My friend said the first thing he was gonna do when he got em home was to soak em in a water trough. He'd then take em out and stack a couple of hay blaes on em till they were dry. Thats what causes the crease. He was very happy with them. This young man manages one of the largest cattle ranches in California. Got em creased:

TwRkxmu.jpg
Clean and impressive work all around Dave!

Here's a Damascus pendant I made for my wife. It's about 1 1/2" long by 3/32" square.

That's cool John, the kids have been wanting to make canister damascus for a while, we finally tried it out this week and made a nice billet out of chainsaw blades. Would like to make a spike tomahawk out of it, we'll see. Took us about 3 hours to draw it out with a guillotine tool, not sure I'd attempt it again without a hydraulic press or power hammer!
The wife has been busy. Had several requests for a wine bottle carrier. There is such a thing? We were provided with a catalog and a website to check. Not only is there such a thing but there's bunches of em. She got some ideas and ran with it. So this is her second one. The first she wants to throw away, don't know if she will or not.

This is designed to carry two to three bottles of wine, (well heck whiskey if ya want). The dividers are padded and the flap has magnetic closures. There is a pocket on the front for a folding corkscrew. Body of the bag is a an oiltan and the straps are water buffalo.

WBTk1yr.jpg

YUcTR3O.jpg

X60dH6K.jpg

The magnetic closures are kinda cool. Ya spend some time trying to line em up but after a bit ya learn to just close the flap and they find themselves and snap in place.
That is nice and I bet will be a big seller!
That's a happy looking wine carrier. 😆

Finally finished this up today, the damn curves were a pita.
q3r8gYe.jpeg
Great looking proportions on that Scott.

Saw some Peruvian walnut and maple that I liked in Woodcraft. So I whipped up a box.

psYYWPFh.jpg
That's impressive right there.
The wife decided a rocking chair we'd recovered need a pillow:

Yzoo8eB.jpg
That's classy, the stitching looks amazing.
Stained and final finish.
9TsplDM.jpeg
That turned out really elegant Scott!

Thanks John, good to see you around. ;)

That's classy right there Scott.

Would love to see more of this process, and more of that tool chest in the back!

Nice inlay, that must take patience.

Clean and impressive work all around Dave!

That's cool John, the kids have been wanting to make canister damascus for a while, we finally tried it out this week and made a nice billet out of chainsaw blades. Would like to make a spike tomahawk out of it, we'll see. Took us about 3 hours to draw it out with a guillotine tool, not sure I'd attempt it again without a hydraulic press or power hammer!

That is nice and I bet will be a big seller!

Great looking proportions on that Scott.

That's impressive right there.

That's classy, the stitching looks amazing.

That turned out really elegant Scott!
Thanks!

That's an impressive undertaking! I would never attempt Damascus by hand. It's work enough with a press. Hopefully you can turn it into something awesome.

That's an impressive undertaking! I would never attempt Damascus by hand. It's work enough with a press. Hopefully you can turn it into something awesome.
Yeah we used a little over 4 inches of 1-1/2" square tubing for the canister and it was a lot beat down by hand, even with the guillotine. Still need to draw it out a bit but right now it's at 5/8" x1-1/8" x 6".

If (and that's a big IF lol) we do it again before having a press, I may try using a rectangular canister. Maybe something like a 3/4" x 1-1/2" piece of tubing. We just tossed my daughters old bike and I pulled the chain and 90 ball bearings out of it, might be fun to make a nostalgic piece out of it for her.

Back