1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thank you sir! My preferred method too. End of the day waiting for the neighbor to finish backing up his trailer to the chute so we can load his strays.

[​IMG]

We make a lot of holsters in our shop. I did a thread over in Sheaths and Such one time because for some reason we had a large run on lefty holsters.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lefty-time.1511153/#post-17354960

2. Jakedsnake

Jakedsnake Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 14, 2018
    FEE47F4F-E319-4F17-BDA3-73828D6B8741.jpeg

seas165, specgrade, jwb01 and 13 others like this.
  3. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
  4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Those look good together. .44 Magnum?

5. MerryMadMonk

MerryMadMonk Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 22, 2011
    Thanks, John! Yes, a .44 Mag/629.

Fodderwing and Prester John like this.
  6. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

7. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Rosewood. African and Indian.

Edit: Looks like I accidentally double-posted. Sorry.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  8. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Do love me Smith revolvers for sure.

Prester John likes this.
  9. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    20190604_164452.jpg 20190605_004609.jpg

specgrade, jwb01, redsparrow and 10 others like this.
  10. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I had a Daisy BB gun when I was a kid, and my Dad had an old single-shot 16-gauge he used to let my brothers and I shoot occasionally. My Grandpa next door had a double-barreled 10-gauge he let us shoot once when we were young; one brother set off both barrels accidentally and it kicked the crap out of him. While in high school, we had a little .22 rifle, and we borrowed a 20-gauge with a 3-shell clip from a different Grandpa for several years. But I haven't shot anything for at least 50 years. Here's the only gun I have left, with a Rough Rider carbon steel folding hunter. :p:D
    hunter.pile.V.greasegun.jpg

- GT

CelloDan, specgrade, jwb01 and 7 others like this.
  11. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    SWEET :cool:

12. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    I believe Ruger is coming out with a single action .22 LR revolver which retails for $250-- which means you can get it for about $200. Just a little more than a good knife. You oughta pick one up and go plinking. You have shooting ranges in Michigan, don't you? I hear Ted Nugent is from Michigan, and he shoots a lot. Lots of fun, Gary, and .22 anmo is cheap.

315 and scrteened porch like this.
  13. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I've probably posted my H&R nine-shooter here. It was about $100 used, but that was a lot of years ago.

Fodderwing likes this.
  14. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    El Vaquero con el Tapadero. IMG_3095.jpeg

FLymon, specgrade, jwb01 and 10 others like this.
  15. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Muy buena foto Dwight! Muy buena! What are those grips of?

16. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the suggestions, Vince and Jer, but I'm really not in the market for a gun; I just wanted an excuse to post something in this thread. I'll limit my shooting to shooting hoops. :rolleyes:

(Someday, I'd like to see in how many different threads I can legitimately post with a single carefully-composed photo! :p I've got a little list going, and it will be easy to pose a pic relevant to a dozen threads; I'll bet with a bit of thought, I can hit 20, at least.)

- GT

17. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Dave. I'm pretty sure the grips are birch. My father-in-law put them on. It's Cherri's 45 she used in cowboy competition shoots. Single Action of course.

IMG_3092.jpeg

FLymon, specgrade, jwb01 and 5 others like this.
  18. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Wow! I've done maybe 4 or 5 threads with the same pic, max. Love to see that!

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The challenge has been made...

20. 5K Qs

Jul 20, 2014
    Of course, the Lambsfoot thread is out because I'll need to include more than a single knife pattern in the pic for maximum applicability! :rolleyes:

- GT

Fodderwing, JohnDF and Prester John like this.