1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Eddie Feigner, The King, was unbelievable!! :eek::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

FOG2 likes this.
  2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Marlin 45 Colt & 22 cal IMG_3125.jpeg

3. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
  4. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
  5. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I don't usually post my firearms but I had this one out to admire. It was a gift from an appreciative mentor. Wood grips and covers. IMG_0277-918x689.JPG

6. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    California Slim Jim holster for a Ruger Bearcat with a Horsewright Tapadero in camel bone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    I remember going to watch my dad play donkey basketball when I was a kid. He was athletic director of the high school and the teachers would play the Future Farmers of America club as a fundraiser. By the time I got to high school in the later 1970s, the game was no longer played. Hadn’t thought about donkey basketball for years...thanks for the memory.

Fodderwing and JohnDF like this.
  8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

9. Markeologist

Markeologist Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 21, 2018
    This Ruger Super Blackhawk has been my companion for the last 25+ years when working in Alaska. My avatar is me in a cave on Kosciusko Island and this huge single action is under my left shoulder. She wears standard wood grips in Alaska's wet weather...these were scrimshawed by my dad. upload_2019-6-29_10-38-54.jpeg

10. ddavis

ddavis

Jan 17, 2018
    Perfect leather tooling, perfect knife steel, perfect bone scales. Love the bearcat. I can't imagine a better setup working a ranch out west.

11. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks!

12. Atiger

Atiger Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 7, 2016
    Good casual woods bumming combination - S&W model 63 .22 lr and a...well, you know...

[​IMG]

13. ddavis

ddavis

Jan 17, 2018
    Spent the last few weeks thinking about all the great bearcats and knives on here, finally brought my two 'lil ones out today for photos. Bearcat 22LR, GEC 14.
    [​IMG]

14. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Wow what good looking grip panels... who fluted your cylinder?
    @Horsewright what beautiful work!

15. ddavis

ddavis

Jan 17, 2018
    Came from the factory with fluted cylinder, model is 0921. Ruger did an amazing job on the polished blue finish on these. Way nicer than the "standard" bearcats I've seen in the stores. Grips are elk by Sack Peterson.
    And since this is a knife forum, I'll say the patina on the 14 is developing nicely.

16. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I was wondering why this Bearcat was fluted. Or rather how I had misremembered the Bearcat. Nice.

17. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks

More Bearcat love. Shipped to Co yesterday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, 315, Fodderwing and 10 others like this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
  19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    John, what caliber?

20. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    .45 Colt of course. :D