Traditionals from all over the world

Lovin' the PUUKKO dc50- I'm in a puukko frame of mind these days as you can see :)
That's a real beauty Ray :thumbsup: When I first started collecting I started with Scandinavian knives. My problem is I didn't record who made them.:oops: Their signature is on most of the blades which shows where they were made. Of course, some are well-known brands like Hele EKA Bruseletto etc.

View attachment 1000754
Good one Dwight! I received my first one by a shipping error. It should have been a lambsfoot :rolleyes: to much hassle to return so I kept it.
I liked it so much I then ordered one in buffalo horn.:D
Oh I love that horn. These are just a perfect compliment to the lambsfoot. The slender "runway model" of the lambsfoot. :D

Oh I love that horn. These are just a perfect compliment to the lambsfoot. The slender "runway model" of the lambsfoot. :D
lol :p "runway model" kinda like my next personalized license plate it will say "Me & Missus"

rHlGm28.jpg

They really do. Elegance with lots of curves and yet built very strong. They've been at it a while. :)
I had a few when I first started on this neverending quest, they were a well-built knife. I couldn't understand why they didn't have a kick to keep the blade from hitting the back spring.

I had a few when I first started on this neverending quest, they were a well-built knife. I couldn't understand why they didn't have a kick to keep the blade from hitting the back spring.
Fortunately the Fontenille Pataud laguiole has a blade stop built in to prevent this problem. So it is one of the few you don't have to "let down easy".

Fortunately the Fontenille Pataud laguiole has a blade stop built in to prevent this problem. So it is one of the few you don't have to "let down easy".
Great! I was a rookie when I started on the French slip joints and didn't notice at first, :eek: after that, as you say "let down easy" :D

Mine will still rap the back spring bought new straight from Fontenille Pataud very recently. It doesn’t seem to be a stop pin but a bump on the spring and if you let it fly shut it will over travel and there goes your edge at the belly. Nothing I haven’t experienced with American makers though.

Mine will still rap the back spring bought new straight from Fontenille Pataud very recently. It doesn’t seem to be a stop pin but a bump on the spring and if you let it fly shut it will over travel and there goes your edge at the belly. Nothing I haven’t experienced with American makers though.
Yeah it's a bump on the inside of the back spring not a pin. Like you say if you want to be sure and not harm the blade edge it's best to let it down easy. Thanks for the warning. I haven't had it happen to this one but it has seen almost zero carry. And like you, I have some American rigs do the same.

To tell you the truth Josh, ever since, I don't let any of my knives snap shut anymore it gives me an uneasy vibe. :eek:

The Capuchadou, another Fontenille Pataud knife, does as well. Good thing too because the tension on the back spring closes it fast if you let it. The edge has never taken abuse because of it. :thumbsup:

Ray

Back