Trending Small

Yes Ernie, the smaller EDC knives are a good option especially sized around 3.25" blade.

That Specwar is a sweet little blade. I never seen one before and looked up the specs on it. I think the 3.25" blade is perfect, and just the right size. I hope Ernie can bring those back into production again.

I'm late to the game here but I'll chime in anyway. I've definitely started leaning towards smaller knives. Traditionally I was a big knife guy - Commander, CQC-15, Large Sebenza, etc. However, this year alone I've "downsized" and more recent purchases include small Sebenza, Giant Mouse Clyde, Benchmade Bugout, Southern Grind Spider Monkey, etc. I think I just got tired of carrying a big, heavy knife in my pocket, especially in the summer when I'm wearing shorts. These smaller blades are more comfortable to carry and get the job done just as well as the big boys.

I love the look and feel of bigger knives, but I agree that carrying them all day, every day can be a bit much.

That problem has now been lifted from my life, because my state caps concealed carry at 3". But that leaves me in a bit of a bind WRT Emerson, since there isn't much to choose from at/below that threshold. All of the "mini" knives seem to be just bit too long, save for the CQC 7...and the ergos of that one just don't suit me, except for the flipper...which isn't being offered at present! The same for the Micro Commander...also not available. I suppose I'll just have to be patient and hope that things change in time.....

I prefer the bigger folders, but have several standard sizes too. I like options...so both...

I just got a PDW SPD mini A-100SF. This is just elegant, and I wish they were more available.

Now that I see the new CQC-14 blade shapes, I'm hoping these will be offered in just a bit longer option. My state has a 3.5" blade length limit so I'm looking for a full sized handle with a blade length that's legal to carry. I typically carry either a Combat Karambit or a CQC-7 but a 3.3"-3.5" Commander would be amazing.

Last edited:
Dear God bring back the mini A-100 into regular production. Ernie is a smart guy, why can't he see he would sell TONS of them.

Reactions: tgh
Dear God bring back the mini A-100 into regular production. Ernie is a smart guy, why can't he see he would sell TONS of them.

I don't own an Emerson. I've been interested in the mini a100 forever. If it were available I'd pick one up.

Reactions: tgh
I love my CQC-14 Snubby .... looking to get another one and I see it was discontinued.... wish the Seax came in at 3" or smaller so I can carry it legally as I do prefer the Wharncliffe blades

Back