Turn Your Radio On!

More and more I find myself needing a knife with a caplifter, and a screwdriver. But yet, I want a first class knife in my pocket as well. Something that is...UN-X-LD! Luckily for me, Charlie has just the answer. Well, after searching for some time, I have acquired the first of the set of three! Here she is, my pride and joy:

^Yup. Barry, you and Charlie do some pretty fine work! I wanted to wait until his brothers got here, but with all the Oregon swag being posted, I just couldn't take it anymore.:D

Yes. The Radio Jacks are special. I pretty much always have the Ebony scaled version (like yours) in my pocket - or a nite brite Boys Radio in my pocket. Congrats on that!

Yep, thats a great find Brad! Here's my completed set as of this past weekend, thank you Dave!
2lwtylu.jpg

Perry

Yep, thats a great find Brad!

Thanks Perry. You and Lloyd had a weekend to beat all weekends from what I've seen!:eek:

By next week, I hope to be posting my own set of triplets, thanks in part to Barry.:thumbup:

More and more I find myself needing a knife with a caplifter, and a screwdriver. But yet, I want a first class knife in my pocket as well. Something that is...UN-X-LD! Luckily for me, Charlie has just the answer. Well, after searching for some time, I have acquired the first of the set of three! Here she is, my pride and joy:

Congrats, Brad; that knife is both a looker AND a doer! :thumbup::thumbup: I can see why it's your pride AND joy.

(I'm always surprised at the reflections that show up unexpectedly in my knife photos. :(:eek: I really like this photo of yours because it looks like you personalized the knife by adding an ID photo to the bolster. :D:D I doubt if I could do that if I were trying to. Very cool :cool:)

- GT

^Thanks GT!

I'm a very poor photographer, for every 50 I take I get about 2 good ones. Somehow these turned out great.:confused: Today, I'm like Primble!:D

Congratulations Brad, GREAT knife :) :thumbup:

Very nice Perry :thumbup:

Oh yeah, Bob!:thumbup: Hey Brad, I know what you mean. It took me all day yesterday to get 9 or 10 pics I could use.:grumpy:

My Radio Jack...

yqCerrY.jpg

Those diamond shield Radio Jacks are gorgeous. Wish I had ordered one when they came out. I was on the fence because I had just purchased a barehead #15 Radio Knife a few weeks before those came out (if memory serves). Wish I had picked up a chestnut bone one like yours when I had the chance! My #15 in ebony is well loved and used. Definitely has some character marks.

P1000750.JPG

Yep, thats a great find Brad! Here's my completed set as of this past weekend, thank you Dave!
2lwtylu.jpg

Perry

Congratulations, y'all! I've never tried to complete the set. I carry the ebony and have the red bone as my backup in the dresser drawer. Since it came out, I think it was January of 2014, I've had that ebony in my pocket more than any other knife. The screwdriver has become insdispensable, and the caplifter is nice to have around as well! Here's my EDC:

73DCEAE9-CFCE-4493-9EE0-D7AAC4F7B38E_zpsrcto8l0m.jpg

The brass liners look really great on this knife! That beautiful etch (Great design, Barry!) is long gone. Most days, whether I've got a Barlow or Boy's Knife, or something a little more original, the Radio Jack is in the other pocket. I'm desperate for Charlie to do another run of these!

The shield was evidently very difficult for GEC. The small size and the printing on the shield made it difficult to buff or sand around the shield. As I understand it, GEC has been reluctant to do shields like this on smooth handled knives since this Radio Jack was produced.

Beautiful knives, guys! I agree with those who claim a Radio as one of their most carried blades, it is certainly high on my list as well. Here is a pic from a month or so back

This has quickly become one of my favorite knives! Especially as I was able to get it direct from Charlie in Oregon; Perry scored the other ebony.

It's a classy knife that also fits in easily at your local dive. (Hard to beat Moscow mules on tap, by the way.)

BmsAAf0.jpg

Last edited:
Back