Two blade opposite end knives

Queen Cutlery Muskrat in D2. This has NO blade rub or play or gaps, amazing quality for a production knife, oh and it's single-spring too:cool:

0QBLZIL.jpg

Two Stags: Voss Cutlery Germany and CASE Half Whittler the original single-spring model. Current ones are two springs.

CmTu2sa.jpg

Wow. That top one looks almost exactly
Like my beloved Hoffritz Germany half congress, only in much better shape. I’ve looked for ages for another under the Hoffrotz brand with no luck at all, I had no idea Voss also sold them. The hunt is on again.

CX023aY.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. That top one looks almost exactly
Like my beloved Hoffritz Germany half congress, only in much better shape. I’ve looked for ages for another under the Hoffrotz brand with no luck at all, I had no idea Voss also sold them. The hunt is on again.

CX023aY.jpg

Could be, German cutlers often appeared with different names, think Böker/Henckels etc. But mine is a very small knife, has no long pull and is stainless, whereas yours looks like carbon? A fine old knife too :thumbsup:

Could be, German cutlers often appeared with different names, think Böker/Henckels etc. But mine is a very small knife, has no long pull and is stainless, whereas yours looks like carbon? A fine old knife too :thumbsup:

yep. Mine is carbon and also quite small. I think the same frame. Neat that yours is stainless.

Waking this thread guessing others will have some additional two blade opposite end (TBOE pronounced T-Bo ;)) knives to show.
Gradually almost imperceptibly over the years this pattern has, at the expense of my treasured trappers and sensational singles, insidiously slip in and become my favorite pattern.
Thanks for bringing this thread back after a hiatus of more than a year, James! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Like you, I have gradually become a big fan of the the 2-blade opposite end knives, and now prefer them over a jack configuration.

One pattern that certainly put me on a path to favoring TBOE knives is the canoe. I'll post a group shot of my canoes from about 2.5 years ago. There are 36 canoes in the photo, almost all TBOEs, and I now have about 50 canoes. I won't post all of them in this thread, but I wanted to start with the canoe pattern because of the special place it has for me!
4row.canoes.jpg

- GT

Thanks for bringing this thread back after a hiatus of more than a year...
...View attachment 1321164

- GT
You're welcome GT. I guess our changing taste is a good thing for the cutlery business. :eek::)
It's been a pleasure to see the postings that have been added since it was revived. I hope to see even more.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
That is an enviable fleet of canoes you have Gary! The ram's horn is clearly my favorite or maybe it's the tortoise shell or the curly maple or stag or... ;)
Have a great week my friend.

Back