Two blade opposite end knives

Single Spring by Pal Cutlery
lLREnzG.jpg

I saw a nice Case canoe pattern with two spear points the same size, one on each end in a catalog recently from Tennessee. :p Normally the second blade is a smaller pen blade but not this time. Liked the look of both. I have also liked a Muskrat pattern with two long clip blades.

Excuse my naïveté, but are all opposite end knives on a single spring or can they be separate springs? Makes sense that they can be two springs. I would think the two blades on separate springs would be better. If a single spring loses its elasticity or "spingyness," would both the blades be affected with a weak pull, no snap?

No, not all Op End knives are single-spring, but the better ones are :D they're thinner and lighter in the pocket. Can't answer the spring question, never had a knife lose its springiness unless it was weak from the start. Nor God forbid, have I had a knife that gets a broken spring.:eek:

Just picked up a 2010 Forum knife, but can’t get my phone to upload a pic. Great knife though, still had oil on the blades.
Thanks, Neal70

Back