Uncle Bill Is Gone

I think I see him with a great big grin and very happy at a journey filled to the brim with good karma--A hellava job Bill. Hope we can tak' a cup of kindness someday. :)

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

Uncle Bill,

I was hoping you could have momos (Nepali perogies) and a Heineken with me. If you're being reincarnated, that'll be in 21 years or so.

Thanks for the stories, cantina, and khukuris.

It's not a huge surprise, but hurts all the same. Thankfully the same is no longer true for him. Farewell and God-speed Uncle.

So very sorry to hear the sad news. Uncle Bill will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers go out to Yangdu and the rest of Bill's family. I am sure the Kamis will grieve for Bill as well.

A very sad day.

I am truly saddened. I didn't expect to feel this about someone I met over the net and through emails.

I regret his passing, and hope that he didn't suffer too much.

He had real courage and a great sense of humor in the face of fate.
I feel for Yangdu.

He was a good man.
I will miss him.
I am sad for the lost to his family and hope they endure the void that has come.
Good wishes to all.

I'm really sad. I guess Uncle Bill is in a better place, but it sure is going to be lonely here without him. Glad I got to know him some cause he was a heck of a nice guy!

Uncle Bill, wherever you are out there "Great stuff and THANKS!!!" (a million times over)

For Bill.

The end of one of my favorite poems:

"I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less travelled by,

And that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

You still have many friends and will be very sorely missed. SK

Can't think of anything to say, but I'll repost a painting he enjoyed -- Hylas and the Nymphs by Waterhouse.
attachment.php

Uncle Bill's Note

After going back and re-reading that thread I am choked up for the second time tonight.

If I may, and I will, my solace

Uncle Bill I miss you already, but as long as those you touched haven't all passed, then you truly haven't. When my father died, the pastor said that People's actions are like rocks dropped into a still pool of water. The ripples go further and last longer than most people realize.

Rusty would you let us know if there are any requests that we as a group can help with?

Wow...this is shocking. A while back I told Bill that my wife and I were planning a trip to Nepal, and he was going to hook us up with some guides when we were ready. After that, I never revisited the Khuk forum. May he rest well. :(

Many die but not many truly live, and Bill lived.
You have my complete symphathy and condolence.
Even a expected passing still hurts to those who knew them or
would have liked to know them.

Knowing trouble and sorrow are coming doesn't always help when they arrive. Yangdu is in my thoughts.

Jeremy

I found this place at a time when I was starting to grow up. Bill was one of the men who I encountered who showed me, through word and action, how to be a man.

It hurts that I never found the time to go out and see him.

I'm just don't know what to say, my prayers are with you Yangdu.

- D

Bill,
I learned a lot from you and am very thankful to have known you. You are among a few shining lights in this world. I didn't think I'd feel this much when I heard that you moved on from us. I'm crying right now, but I'm very happy just the same, because I am so lucky to have part of you in my character. Go in peace, my friend.

Yangdu,
We haven't corresponded much, but what I know of you is nothing but goodness. My heart is for you in this hard time, and through the next few years. You should know that you have a world-wide network of friends. We are all thinking of you.

My love and prayers are with you both,

Phil Geusebroek

Back