Uncle Bill needs your vote. PLEASE READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you guys, thanks Munk, that means alot coming from you.

I'm upset. Either this is a mistake or I'm being used as a tool to rip off Uncle Bill.

That doesn't make me feel good. And I believe that this story isn't over as I sold another khukuri to another person under a different alias in Nova Scotia as well.

I smell rat.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I see nothing wrong with Dave's Khukuri. From reading Mr. M's posts it seems to me that he is a very easily frustrated person who doesn't have the right tools or expertise to sharpen his blade. He would be much better off getting one of our experts here to sharpen it. I think everyone here has been fair in their assessment of the situation and in their offers of help.

To add, I for one stand guilty of speaking before we had Mr. H's explanation, especially since he is a member of the forum.

Dave, I offer you my sincere apologies.

Ice

Dave?

The only way Bill M. heard about it is if this guy emailed Bill, looking for replacement or refund. Now THAT infuriates me.

As for punishment for you? Hmmm. You have to deal with the Canadian Postal System for the next two years, OR, live in Montreal and speak only English. :p

The thread popularity is a reflection of the Cantina folks watching out for Bill M and Yangdu. God help the guy if he attributes blame, or casts aspersions on them. It won't be pretty.

The gentleman should have contacted you. All reasonable people know this. Be at peace.

First, the knife must be handled and evaluated by Uncle Bill, and then any other measure can be taken. If the owner destroyed the knife attempting to sharpen it due to its lack of skill, it is not HI problem anymore. If he just couldn´t sharpen it due to his lack of skill, he is lucky to have a few forumites offering help, and he may learn something on the process. If the knife proves defective - what seems not the case - it should be replaced.
No refunds necessary, and any refund matter should have been discussed between the parts (selles/buyer) at the moment of the deal.
That´s the way I see it and how I would act.

Well, reading through this thread fully now, I see what the issue was.

Simply put, it's clear my understanding of what is appropriately sharp is the issue here. I thought the blade was adequately sharp but I will definitely say that the khukuri in question could not shave the hair off your arm. I do want to state, that the khukuri I sold was not used at all and was in the condition that I received it in.

If I can be sure that this is no scam, I will give Geoff a refund along with a full apology and he can keep his knife. If Geoff you are ever in T.O, I would extend my hand to you and apologize over a 15 year old scotch.

I will ensure that from now on, any khukuri I sell will honestly address this issue.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270054

I invite anyone who has any thoughts on this to first read the above thread.

Sincerely,

Dave Hahn :(

"Bill M. got burnt by second owners exploiting him, and last year said he couldn't transfer the life-time guarantee to next users"

Thanks for straightening me out on that Kis.

Oh, and by the way Mr. H :D, nice looking Khukuri you sold and Mr. M bought. Well worth $50, a bargain actually.

Mr M Should Contact Mr H--i Have Over 60 H.i. Knives--i've Never Had A Sharpening Problem--

Dave H, you are a honorable guy. I wish I could do something to help.
Guess you will have to settle for some Chicklet points. :D

Dave, you sold a knife in good faith. It is not defective in any way and you did not mis-represent it. If the buyer has trouble sharpening it, it is his problem. He has had a lot of offers here to help sharpen and your offer to refund his money. He should be happy. YOU DID GOOD.

I think I should tell the whole story here.

One day, Dave decides to sell his 12" AK, possibly to someone who might actually use it!

So he lists it on Ebay. Now Dave has been burnt in the past and does not allow those with bad feedback to bid on his auctions! A tad bit unfair, but that's my policy and I state it upfront.

So Mr. M bids. I cancel his bid because frankly, his rep wasn't exactly spotless. I think he had 8 experiences, 6 good, 1 bad (for bidding and not paying) and 1 neutral (something about bidding and not being able to pay) The auction ends with no winner.

Mr. M contacts Dave and says he'll give him money in advance. Mr. H, which I'm sure I'll be known as from now on dammit ;) , says okay.

So here is now Mr. H, pondering. Is this an honest mistake? Or is Mr. H or UB getting taken for a ride.

What say you forum brothers?

Here is an email transcript... Nothing out of context!

Dave Hahn's Reply:

This is a special model. I originally paid $65 + 20
shipping for it. HI charges extra shipping for Cdn
customers.

It is alright sharp. Definitely not dull, but a good
edge.

--- Mr. M wrote:

> that's great, if its not here I understand 100%.
>
> Is this an HI second or discounted item, or a new
> one that simply tarnished in one spot?
>
> Don't care which it is, new or 2nd.
>
> How sharp is this baby?

I'm really wishing my offer had been taken by now....:(

Walk tall, Dave, you did nothing wrong. This guy sounds like a manipulator.

The only potential liability HI should be willing to assume for a second-hand buyer, is for breakage, and then, only if it could somehow be proven that nothing extrordinary had been
done to weaken the knife prior to the break.

Dave, you did nothing wrong, and that guy got a smoking deal.

Have I told y'all lately how cool you are? Yeah, I like HI products. I use them, and give them to my friends, but I don't hang out here (in my spare time :rolleyes: ) because of the knives.

John

I didn't see any response to Yvsa's post over there before their server went down. Did he give any reason that he hasn't posted over here, on the manufacturer's forum?

Well done, Dave and Dan. My previous opinion stands - I don't believe HI is at fault here, but my mind won't be made up until the entire story is told.

Millions of knife users worldwide suffer from Male Pattern Forearm Hair Loss each year. I'm going to set up a new charity to help cure this. Please send the knife money to me instead.

Forearm Hair Club For Men.

I'm not just the president, I'm a member.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back