Uncle Bill needs your vote. PLEASE READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that the solution is simple: Don't send him a refund, but split the difference and send him Dan's sharpening CD or point him to a sharpening thread.

If he has spent this much time on it the poor guy is obviously not sharpening the blade correctly and is working against himself!

Makes sense to me!

Norm

If somebody else is offering to buy it....my offer is null.

Only stands if Mr. M is still looking for a refund.

Hey gang! I registered over there and invited Geoffery over here for help if he wanted it. I also told him about Uncle Bill's policy of guaranteeing the khuk for the first owner only because of people buying the knives second hand, trashing them and then returning them for a refund often more than they paid for the knife to begin with.:(

If he comes over please everyone be nice to him. It wasn't his fault the khuk came dull and we all know how often the noobs come in here asking about sharpening.;)

At this point it seems my opinion is rather unnecessary, but....I'll give it anyways.

Refund= Not only "No" but "HELL NO!" I would say more, but this is said to be a family friendly place.... :D

Daniel Koster is my hero- Not only did he design my favoritest khuk, he's showin' damn strong moral fiber by making his offer and helping to lighten Uncle Bills worry load.

Yvsa said:
If he comes over please everyone be nice to him. It wasn't his fault the khuk came dull and we all know how often the noobs come in here asking about sharpening.;)

Does that mean I have to edit my "cursed war club" remark?
:) :p

Yvsa said:
Hey gang! I registered over there and invited Geoffery over here for help if he wanted it. I also told him about Uncle Bill's policy of guaranteeing the khuk for the first owner only because of people buying the knives second hand, trashing them and then returning them for a refund often more than they paid for the knife to begin with.:(

Good call, Yvsa. We can't expect him to know everything, or anything for that matter, about HI or the khuks. I for one would feel pretty crappy if this is this guy's first handling of a khuk, and he is totally turned off by it because he first gets the shaft on ebay, then the HI community beats him about the head and shoulders for it. IMHO, FWIW, I think that if he comes forward looking for help we just let this matter slide on by if he really seems to want our help. I mean what does he have to lose? he's already been offered his asking price by Dan to buy it. Heck, i'd buy a 12" AK for 50 bucks even if it was beat to hell. I'm looking to replace the one I gave away anyway;) So he has 2 offers right there if he can't get it right. No lose situation in my book.

Jake

Our khukuris are made for heavy use & are backed by a written no-nonsense

LIFETIME GUARANTEE (both blade and handle!)
and sent with a satisfaction guarantee.

Don't know what I can add that hasn't been said already, but my vote is also no cash refund since person is not the original buyer. However, if you go by what is stated on the HI website, the Khuk should be backed up and repair or replacement given once it is established that it is a HI product. Maybe the above guarantee needs to be modified if this is not true.​

Busse has a similar warranty and a good part of the reason I buy his products at a high price - whether directly or indirectly.​

Bill Martino said:
Here's the story short and sweet.

Mr. H. bought a 12 inch AK from HI. Then he sold the AK to Mr. M. for $50. I got this recent email from Mr. M.:

"this thing just doesn't seem to want to sharpen. The bevel seems to be hollow ground, I have put 5 hours into trying to fix the bevels, I am not really pleased with this, if there is anyway to get a refund that would be great, I have put a ton of labor into this and I seem to be getting no where, I bought an HI because of the high quality and good reviews, this thing is just a nightmare."

As far as I can tell from our records Mr. M. has never purchased anything from HI including the 12 inch AK in question so I can't refund anything because a refund is the returning of a payment and no payment has ever been made.

So the question is should I "give" Mr. M. $50 or should I not. The way you vote will determine my actions.

Yes = Send Mr. M. $50
No = Don't send Mr. M the money.

I will refer Mr. M to this thread so he can cast his vote, too.

Thanks in advance for your good help.

I'll give forumites a week to cast their votes and then take action.
Okay, I see now. It was my habit of clicking on the last post and not paying attention to who posted the thread to begin with.:rolleyes:

I vote NO as well because it has been the policy of HI for quite a long time now to only refund the original buyer.

But like I said in my previous post, "I registered there and invited geoffrey here." "It wasn't his fault he got a dull khuk."

Lets all help him out if he joins up with us.:D

I'm all for helpin the new guy....no problems there. Come on over, friend. We'll get it straightened out.

wildmanh said:
Took me a long time to be able to put a good edge on a Khukuri, a few times I almost gave up, saying that it was imposible for me to do it. Now it really easy for me. Just takes time and practice.

Exactly. I've spent a long while with various techniques and various khuks, but I can't say I ever held the khuk responsible for not being sharp at the end of the day.

He's not the original owner, and HI is certainly not responsible for his lack of sharpening skill. They're not responsible for my lack of it either. :D Reasonable is inviting him offer, being nice, and getting the situation straightened out as Yvsa suggests... It's more than reasonable, and a nice boost for HI's integrity above and beyond the call of duty! :cool:

I vote no for all the previously stated reasons, however he has an offer from Dan to either buy the kukri or sharpen it for him that is more than generous.

James

Another NO from me.

I am hoping that the purchaser will come over to this forum and get some help. It is clear that things can and will be worked out if he does. I think the person that should be questioned is the ebay seller since this doesn't sound like a HI product in the first place.

Dan, you are the best!

Also liked the comment of having Master Shiva Ki take care of the sharpening, gave me a very good chuckle. :D

I'm going with the crowd on this one. Considering the quality of said crowd, I consider it a wise choice. The warranty applies to the original owner only, and it isn't as if a potential customer is being left out in the cold. Reading this thread I came across no fewer than five offers to sharpen or buy the item, and I had planned to offer my services at no charge if someone hadn't beat me to it. Anyone who could fail to be impressed with that kind of service isn't going to be a worthwhile customer anyway IMO. I sincerely hope "M" isn't one of those.

I agree with NO. Sounds like a guy who needs sharpening lessons, to me...5 hours is enough time to put a shaving edge on a snow plow blade.

NO!

"refund" - to give back or pay back (money, etc.); repay.

HI never received anything from Mr. M to give back. Seems like Dan and a lot of other generous forumites have offered to make the guy whole in several different ways. Hope he comes over, takes advantage of one of these generous offers, and takes the time to learn from the experience.

BUSHCRAFT has disappeared. Checking on Google, all I get is:

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Too much traffic, or did one of you guys get tough with the Brits? :)

they exceeded their bandwidth...a little $$$ and it'll be back up again....I'm sure the boys are baffled across the pond.....crazy stuff, though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back