Uncle Bill needs your vote. PLEASE READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Koster said:
Hopefully I can help settle this right here and now:

I am offering to buy the khukuri for $50.

Bill - you shouldn't have to be dealing with this right now.....

I'll take the khukuri and determine what (if anything) is wrong with it. I'll eat the cost 100%....chalk it up as part of my "knife education".

End of story.

Great Guy. I will chip in 25bucks. Dan shouldn't have to eat it all. Let me know and I will paypal you Dan.

link's not working for me, sharpetoys.

send me his email address if anybody knows it.

Absolutely. A refund is the only thing that makes sense.

Wait. No. Just kidding. No. No "refund."

When you buy something sight-unseen on ebay, you take on some risks (not right, bootleg, no warranty, don't like it after all, seller stiffs you). If something is available retail, I don't want to pay that price on ebay, to make up for those risks.

There are advantages of buying non-blem's direct.

BruiseLeee said:
Offer to trade him for the cursed war club. :D

Bruise, that is twice you got me laughing out loud in the span of 4 minutes.

Thanks for that. :D :D

Maybe we could ask Master Shiva Ki to sharpen it for him :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem to be too much difference of opinion on this thread.

~ B

If Bill honers the claim, which would be satification guarantee, long term that would in effect increase the resale value of any Hi Khuk and also hi Khuks in genreal .

I'm sure a lot of people here would pay to get there hands on the thing as well.

Uncle, I believe you already had a policy to not refund money for "third party deals". The person requesting the refund should be made aware of that policy that refunds are only issued to those who buy directly from you and not second hand from someone else.

So a No to the refund would be necessary in maintaining your (already generous) business model and its regulations (ugh...this wording makes it feel like I should be wearing a business suit while typing this... :barf: ).

It's already been well said by others, but NO, and it was rather inappropriate of him to ask you for it. Obviously several people in the forum would be quite willing to help him out, and that’s great, but this is not your problem now.

Geoffrey

I don't have time to mess with it today....can you PM him and make an offer for me?

Maybe I didn't see something pertinent but how is Uncle Bill involved in this? :rolleyes:
The guy bitchin about not bein able to get the khuk sharp bought it second hand off of ePray. Uncle Bill quit honoring the guarantee from second hand buyers quite some time ago just because of BS like this.
AFAIC it is his problem, let one of his buddies buy it off him unless someone here just wants it.

No = Don't send Mr. M the money.

Mr. H needs to care of the situation.

richardallen said:
No.

Even IF he would have been the original buyer, there's no guarantee for being unable to sharpen a knife. He could still bring it to a local knife shop to have it sharpened anyway. Sounds weird to me at least...

My thoughts exactly!!!! Besides, you don't need this grief at this time.

Dan, you're the Man!!! :cool: :cool:

My Vote: No Refund!!

I'll even pitch in some money to buy the Khukuri.. Could put a wicked edge on that knife in a few minutes with my Belt Sander.....

Took me a long time to be able to put a good edge on a Khukuri, a few times I almost gave up, saying that it was imposible for me to do it. Now it really easy for me. Just takes time and practice.

Heber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back