Vantage Pro S30V

I'm left handed. Does the liner pose any unlocking tendencies because of this?

I am ambidexterous and actual prefer the feel of the Vantage in my left hand, additionally carrying it in my left front pocket. My Black Sirus rides in my right rear and a 501 brown micarta in the right front. I tend to use Bucks alot at work, it would seem..... :p

Dave

Got my Vantage Pro S30V today!
There was the tiniest of nicks in the blade near the tip but 30 seconds with the Spyderco doublestuff ceramic sharpener fixed that.
So S30V steel is not the superhard to sharpen steel i feared it might be.
Really love this knife, fits my hand perfect! Not too big not too small, just right.
Great ergos, flipper works great, rides nice and low in the pocket!
Buck has a winner here!
Might try the 420HC and Sandvick versions as well!

Got my Vantage Pro from Roger at Knifeworks today. Lockup is perfect and blade is centered. So far so good. Love the feel of this knife.

I do field tile work and carry one of these every day. Id say it comes out 20 to 30 a day at minimum. And I have been beating on this one for at least the last 2 months and it has held up like a champ!!! For the price and the quality you cannot beat this knife in my opnion. Great knife and holds a nice edge as well.- Joel

I picked one up at Bass Pro for 49, I thought it was mis-priced...
Great deal for that knife!
Size wise it's about halfway between small and large Sebbie.
I find the liner a tiny bit thin, but mine locks where it should.
Fantastic knife for the money.:thumbup:

I just received my backordered Vantage Pro from Larry O. today! It has a "born on date" :D of 10-29-09. I just took it out of the box and already I am in love! She rides great in the pocket and has a nice heft to it! For around $50.00 I think Buck has hit a homerun with this knife! With S30V and G-10. how could you go wrong! Thanks Dave ;)

Jim

wow, cool. Just checked my box, and it's 7/14/09, from knifeworks, ordered about 10 days ago.

708677117_n9Hao-XL.jpg

I just received my backordered Vantage Pro from Larry O. today! It has a "born on date" :D of 10-29-09. I just took it out of the box and already I am in love! She rides great in the pocket and has a nice heft to it! For around $50.00 I think Buck has hit a homerun with this knife! With S30V and G-10. how could you go wrong! Thanks Dave ;)

Jim

Last edited:
Sweet knife and a nice pic to boot ;)

Have you used it yet?

I really like how slim it is, I expected it to be too thick to like to carry, but it rides very nice! I think the liner lock is sufficient as well! Not too stiff to unlock yet it seems to hold the blade very well.

With S30V and G-10. how could you go wrong! Thanks Dave ;)

Jim

I am just a humble servant in your shadow, Jim!

One more thingy about the 347 I really like is that the blade is much thicker than the typical folder! Out in the 'field' I find that can be a tremendous asset! I know...I know a knife is NOT a screwdriver or prybar :eek: but we all must use what is at hand at times. Nothing heavy but we do find ourselves testing the lateral strength, now don't we? My Sirus and Vantage Pro are in for the long haul and that is worth noting!

Dave

Man I can feel the love in this thread...we are struggling to keep this knife off back order....

C J, please, please put some S30V in the small sized one!:thumbup: I love a small knife and the 420 is fine but,... man o man that would be it for me.

I've strayed - and bought some nice 'other' brand knives this year. I am still enamored over my 347 - what a knife! Mr. Buck, that's a great bargain today. Thanks!

Stainz

PS I still love my 110s...

Back