Vildmark Custom Order Thread!

1.) @Kal-El - With Double Dyed Black Ash Burl burl

2.) Oyster Oyster - Vildmark with swedge Osage over Ruby Red G10Natural pins and lanyard tube

4.) @wandering_jbird - Double Black G10, Back Liner with Toxic Green pinstripe, Carbon Fiber Pins and Tube.

5.) @Twisted Forest - Vildmark, Antique Canvas Double Bolster, Black Ash Burl, Antique Pin and Lanyard Tube.

6.) @NoRest - Buckeye Burl, Natural Pins and Lanyard Tube, Natural liners, and Blue Pinstripe

7.) R RobbieB - Bocote w/black G10 bolster, thinnish black liner, black pins and black lanyard tube.[/USER]

I am composing the Invoices now and will be sending them out shortly...:D

All the invoices should be sent out!
Thank you everyone who participated.
Please make sure you read your knife description in the invoice carefully to make sure it is correct.

I will start building handles tomorrow, A few of you I had to source material that was not on hand, I will purchase these today or tomorrow and have those in the works by next week! :D

I have recieved everyones deposits and/or Full payment. I appreciate everyones participation, it has gone really smoothly so far.

Some of you are still deciding on some of the finer details.
I am at the shop this afternoon, going through my material and organizing the custom order list to start beginning on building some of these handle this weekend.

I will try my best to keep everyone up to date on the progress of there build through the second post in this thread with a color coded statuses.
I will also take and up load pictures when I can to this thread so you all can have a visual que of where your knife is at. I will be working on other things at the same time so there may be a few days to a week inbetween WIP updates.
You can also get a behinds the scenes look on Istagram as it is easier for me to take Photos/Videos and upload them.

I am going to unlock this thread since I have everyones order locked in already.
You can chat away, ask questions or just hang out and enjoy the updates.
Please feel free to leave me feedback on how you feel the process has worked out on your end so far. My goal is to imrove where I can and to make this as easy and enjoyable for everyone involved.

As for the process... when it comes to scale material, synthetics are pretty straightforward. Wood, though, has a lot of variations, so, for me, it was kind of daunting to decide on wooden scale material without seeing it first. I think if I could have seen the choices of wood you have on hand, it would have been easier to reach a decision and feel more comfortable about it. I'm sure if I asked to see pictures, you would have obliged because that's the kind of man you are. I'm just wondering if it would have helped everyone to include pictures of the wood choices you have in stock from the very beginning. Actually, I don't even know how well that would work out; Chris, it sounds like you cut at least some of the scales yourself. So, I'm not sure how well a picture of a raw piece of lumber would translate for us consumers without that experience.

As for the process... when it comes to scale material, synthetics are pretty straightforward. Wood, though, has a lot of variations, so, for me, it was kind of daunting to decide on wooden scale material without seeing it first. I think if I could have seen the choices of wood you have on hand, it would have been easier to reach a decision and feel more comfortable about it. I'm sure if I asked to see pictures, you would have obliged because that's the kind of man you are. I'm just wondering if it would have helped everyone to include pictures of the wood choices you have in stock from the very beginning. Actually, I don't even know how well that would work out; Chris, it sounds like you cut at least some of the scales yourself. So, I'm not sure how well a picture of a raw piece of lumber would translate for us consumers without that experience.

I appreciate the feedback! I understand what you're saying. I did take that into consideration, and yes I would likely have shown you pictures if you had asked.

I refrained from this for several reasons, I literally have hundreds of pieces of wood, the bulk of it is dozens of pieces of the same species.
It would be a daunting task on my end to photograph label and maintain some sort of order out of all of it.

I do realize there may be some anxiety on your end, but I may be able to help put some of that at ease.
I do not think quality of wood has ever been an issue for I or the customer. You are correct in most cases it takes an experienced eye you know what most of these pieces will look like as a finished product.

Part of the relationship I would like to build here is a trust between the client and the maker, if you give me some idea of the look you are trying to accomplish I can almost guarantee I can visualize the end product better than anyone. There have been instances where a customer was having anxiety about a choice and thought he or she wanted one thing. But, when I presented the question in a different manner (Not so much as the individual choices as the overall look and feel of aesthetics they were after) we were able to come to a confident conclusion on a build between each other. This is where me (The Designer and Artist comes in).

If I were to entertain the idea of letting individuals select there own wood, I would need to again set some parameters to keep everything organized and moving. This would more than likely involve a set species or two of only a few examples. This would not include my entire selection or something I could possibly source for a customer in an expedient amount of time.

Doing it the way I did allowed me to open up the models to a more custom experience for everyone participating. Allowing me to offer and make a wider array of blades with more individual choices. At the end of the day with this all being said, I want you to be happy and enjoy the experience.

You still have my Satisfaction Guarantee to fall back on. I will provide you with a photograph of the completed knife, if you are not satisfied with it you have the right to refuse delivery or to submit the rest of your payment. We can either start over or I can refund your deposit. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the knife you have 30 days to return it un used in the condition it was received for a replacement or refund.

I appreciate the feedback! I understand what you're saying. I did take that into consideration, and yes I would likely have shown you pictures if you had asked.

I refrained from this for several reasons, I literally have hundreds of pieces of wood, the bulk of it is dozens of pieces of the same species.
It would be a daunting task on my end to photograph label and maintain some sort of order out of all of it.

I do realize there may be some anxiety on your end, but I may be able to help put some of that at ease.
I do not think quality of wood has ever been an issue for I or the customer. You are correct in most cases it takes an experienced eye you know what most of these pieces will look like as a finished product.

Part of the relationship I would like to build here is a trust between the client and the maker, if you give me some idea of the look you are trying to accomplish I can almost guarantee I can visualize the end product better than anyone. There have been instances where a customer was having anxiety about a choice and thought he or she wanted one thing. But, when I presented the question in a different manner (Not so much as the individual choices as the overall look and feel of aesthetics they were after) we were able to come to a confident conclusion on a build between each other. This is where me (The Designer and Artist comes in).

If I were to entertain the idea of letting individuals select there own wood, I would need to again set some parameters to keep everything organized and moving. This would more than likely involve a set species or two of only a few examples. This would not include my entire selection or something I could possibly source for a customer in an expedient amount of time.

Doing it the way I did allowed me to open up the models to a more custom experience for everyone participating. Allowing me to offer and make a wider array of blades with more individual choices. At the end of the day with this all being said, I want you to be happy and enjoy the experience.

You still have my Satisfaction Guarantee to fall back on. I will provide you with a photograph of the completed knife, if you are not satisfied with it you have the right to refuse delivery or to submit the rest of your payment. We can either start over or I can refund your deposit. If for some reason you are not satisfied with the knife you have 30 days to return it un used in the condition it was received for a replacement or refund.
That makes complete sense. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

In anticipation of the Vildmark, I started to look into a worthy sheath for it.
bonafide bonafide (JouFuu leather), whom you are all familiar with, went out of his way today to explain the various options he offers and the terminology he uses in a quick video session :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In addition to the impressive bush scout rig featured in Knives Illustrated, he has also specifically designed a split pouch for the Vildmark.
Of course, there are also standard belt sheath and scout pouch options available.
I’m still deciding between the full rig and a scout pouch (with optional dangler).
Just a quick heads up for anyone that’s looking for some custom pants for their new knife...
Note: Books open on a limited basis

Last edited:
Thanks dude.

That was an impromptu live feed for someone I was trying to explain models/patterns etc with in a DM. Live video is always better than words

Books are always open for OKT owners. ;) The limitation on sheath orders is for the full custom, one offs, non-sheath related requests I get from time to time.

The Instagram live feed video from today should be active til tomorrow evening. My account is @jou_fuu

Bud

I have updated the Custom work in progress thread, as of right now all of the Vildmarks are rough shaped, I plan to have them finished up this weekend and ready to ship out beginning to middle of next week

I will post completed pictures here.

I posted an update in the custom work in progress thread!
I will have the Vildmark's marked and sharpened tomorrow, I am hoping to get individual shots while I have enough daylight. If not then I will have to get them taken Thursday morning.

I am looking to have these in the mail Friday Afternoon or Saturday morning.
All invoices should for Vildmarks should be settled by Friday Morning.

Thank you everyone!

Back