Virus school closures

let's not pick on florida. I can pick on florida cause I'm a florida boy:), .....

I see plenty of mistakes being made across this entire country in every state. easy to point out mistakes in hindsight.

btw that preacher is a south african. he ain't no local.
I think the news blew up Florida with interviewing spring breakers and what they had to say on TV. I would imagine most of them werent even from Florida but come from elsewhere.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just look at my state (Mississippi). We are FINALLY going into lock down, kind of. It seems almost every business is essential when you read the list. We should have done this 2 months ago, but our idiot governor didn't think it was warrented. I don't think he still does, he's just bowing under social pressure. It's good he is, but he should have been proactive.

I'm still working, I'm essential. Although that may or may not change depending on TVA. They have shut a lot of work down, but were still going! My wife is a pharmacy tech and is essential as well.

The essential business list here in Wisconsin is also very large. I was shocked to see bars were not included on it...Never thought I would see the day they were all closed.

I also live in an area with extensive manufacturing(mostly related to toilet and tissue paper production), so most people I know are still going to work. People do seem to be doing a decent job of not going out unless necessary.

I have also been”working”. I am on a company mandated 2 week isolation that ends Monday. We are required to isolate after a work trip before we can return to our plant.

I was supposed to travel to Meridian,MS next week but that was canceled(thankfully) as it was not deemed vital.

Last edited:
:D:D

The essential business list here in Wisconsin is also very large. I was shocked to see bars were not included on it...Never thought I would see the day they were all closed.

I also live in an area with extensive manufacturing(mostly related to toilet and tissue paper production), so most people I know are still going to work. People do seem to be doing a decent job of not going out unless necessary.

I have also been”working”. I am on a company mandated 2 week isolation that ends Monday. We are required to isolate after a work trip before we can return to our plant.

I was supposed to travel to Meridian,MS next week but that was canceled(thankfully) as it was not deemed vital.

I'm working at the power plant in Memphis, TN. So far they haven't taken our next shutdown from us but that can change at any moment. Hoping it doesn't, I like the overtime! But I could use a break. Just don't want to give up all that extra cash!

I pretty much just go to work and home. No places to go and sit down and eat, and I usually bring my lunch anyway. Would be nice to have some BBQ once in a while though!

I am in the auto collision repair and with less traffic on the road and people staying home more business has been almost non existent. Body and paint techs are on commission so with less work means less pay.
I have not been laid off but this week I made under $200. I could make more on unemployment.

I'm working at the power plant in Memphis, TN. So far they haven't taken our next shutdown from us but that can change at any moment. Hoping it doesn't, I like the overtime! But I could use a break. Just don't want to give up all that extra cash!

I pretty much just go to work and home. No places to go and sit down and eat, and I usually bring my lunch anyway. Would be nice to have some BBQ once in a while though!
Yes...thinkin about grilled pork steaks myself..

on bbq yep. missing me some pulled pork. guess I could do take out still.
I am in the auto collision repair and with less traffic on the road and people staying home more business has been almost non existent. Body and paint techs are on commission so with less work means less pay.
I have not been laid off but this week I made under $200. I could make more on unemployment.

yeah it's a nice deal the 4 month boosted extra 600 a week unemployment, but this may run longer that.

I feel for ya. all bad right now.

b5b86929d7e77f60340d7969bd329dc5.jpg

Part of my support of Buck comes from it's "made in America" attitude. With the outbreak we need masks. Hospitals are clamoring for them. Read this about an American made mask maker.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/wat...rgical-face-masks-is-working-247-guess-again/
Cheap imports.
That is our faults as consumers. They sell it because we buy it.
Personally I despise some of these big box stores that sell primarily imported, often "cheap" goods. One home goods store in particular.

He could easily work a little overtime without incurring much added expense. I don't get the timing for the victim mentality.
Tho I do see his point..........
I wonder if he has ever tried to diversify.... 3M N95 masks are made here. We use them at work.

Stormy Kromer in the U.P. is making masks. Because, it's what you do.

Last edited:
I try to buy made in USA for everything I can. Some items are hard or impossible to find and/or out of my price range....but I try.

This is something that I have been consciously looking for the past 2 years. Fell back by a couple of knife choices this year.

I have been using cross brand pens and refills and was disappointed when the last batch of refills were made in china

(Without being political)
I've been blessed to have a good job (more than one over the years) in American manufacturing/industry for a good bit of my adult life. I realize that if no one buys it, there is no reason to make it. So I try my best to return the favor. I'd rather pay a little more when I buy something at the store to keep someone working than to pay more taxes to pay them to stay home.

One of my wife’s friends is making and selling masks, but for every one she sells she’s donating two. The price probably barely keeps her in materials and I know it doesn’t pay for her time.

We bought one for every family member. You go girl! :thumbsup:

Back