VTOKU Sprint Run

The back-lock on mine sits proud when opened and flush when closed.

When opened, the bade has more vertical play than my camo Endura and its a little annoying. Will tightening the back-lock pivot screw take care of this?

The back-lock on mine sits proud when opened and flush when closed.

When opened, the bade has more vertical play than my camo Endura and its a little annoying. Will tightening the back-lock pivot screw take care of this?
Maybe a little bit it won’t fix the “proudness” of the lock.

had suingab make me some scales :eek: :eek: :D :D
https://imgur.com/a/kGYBaUN
now they need to hurry up and drop the knife..
EQ96lS1.jpg

Two week (roughly) update...Latina is in full effect now, a dull grey color on the edge section and just above the lamination lines. Some orange rust has developed here and there on the “corners” of the grind such as the ricasso but not on the edge. After quite a bit of use the factory edge is still quite sharp and no chipping. This steel has excellent toughness and wear resistance.

Two week (roughly) update...Latina is in full effect now...

This had me dying laughing. :D:D:D

I know what you mean though. Mine is really darkening up nicely. I’ve cut a lot of fruit and meat. It had a nice rainbow color after some salmon, but faded after I cut some boxes up. Touched up the edge twice on a lansky turnbox at 20 dps Holds it very well. Very happy with this knife. It’s my first endura, and I’m sorry I didn’t get one sooner.

I've had the VToku2 Endura for 2 weeks and just ordered a second one since I've been carrying it so much. No sign of patina or anything yet, though that might change now that I have a dedicated user.

I like the scale color. I am hesitating between this one and the zdp-189 Endura. Could anyone talk me out?

D46C4736-DD1B-400A-99AA-BBFFA40DF2CA.jpeg 08245DF5-31FF-44A9-88E3-76906394178B.jpeg Just got my Endura and it is perfect.
I noticed in the Spyderco forum the big thread on the lamination lines.

It is really ironic that mine looks spot on as I really could care less what it looks like as long as it is heat treated properly and cuts like it is supposed to.

Can’t wait to check out the rest of them.

I have an Endura on the way and also a Delica pre-order. I also have a HAP40 Delica on the way so it will be fun to compare the steel in terms of edge retention, sharpening, and now patina!

Sharpening this steel is a breeze. I've already reprofiled the edge on mine and it was surprisingly quick and easy!

That’s good news. I’m not thrilled with the rather obtuse sharpening angle on mine. This steel can handle thinner edges from what I’ve read.

I started on the red DMT polka dot stone to set the edge and get rid of that unsharpened edge. I don't why it's exceptionally large on this model. Then I progressed through the green and then gold DMT stones, followed up with some stropping on black compound. It took about 20-30 minutes to get where I'm at now.

Factory vs sharpened
onw0UYZ.jpg

TMp6UI1.jpg

sBYnmYP.jpg

gIUJR7h.jpg

Back