WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

I am also glad to see them putting out some non flipper knives. I have been tempted to try the 618 and the 620, but I’m just not sure about that star thumbstud.

I am also glad to see them putting out some non flipper knives. I have been tempted to try the 618 and the 620, but I’m just not sure about that star thumbstud.

The 618 rocks, it's got a specific feel to it but the thumbstud works with the design.

It’s not the look of the star, I think it looks fine. I just wonder if the points of the star would be kind of sharp for a thumb stub. I will more than likely get one sooner or later and find out for myself, but that is what stops me for now. It would be awesome if they were more widely available to try out!

Who would be WE's prime competitors? Off the top I'd say ZT , Reate and Kizer. Maybe Spyderco and BM?

From what I've been reading , the build quality/F&F seems to be above and beyond.

So how do you compare practic vs rectifier? And why bought four rectifier :D

I can now report that I've added another WE-made knife to my collection -- the Massdrop Terzuola Compact Tactical Folder.

There was a minor dustup on the MD forums after the knife was delivered minus the name "Terzuola" on the blade. MD issued a $20 refund and offered a full refund to anyone who was unhappy.

If anyone has a Terzuola they don't want because of the missing "Terzuola" name please contact me!

I usually buy two each of the WE-made knives I order from MD and I've ordered all but a few. I didn't in this case because this folder and designer were new to me.

Holy crap is this a great knife!

It's a flipper with a thumb disc. So many other makers don't seem to be able to make flippers that open equally well manually. They are tuned for one or the other.

Not WE.

This knife has ceramic bearings, hardened steel washers, hardened steel stop pin, and carbidized lock bar.

It opens and closes like a dream. Using flipper or thumb disc. It puts some $400 knives I've owned to shame.

Parts and materials are first-rate. I prefer knives with blades 3-inches or under. But this 3.2 inch model is so light and compact it's kicked nearly every other blade out of my pocket.

Except for my other WE folders.

Oh, and I still have three of my four Rectifiers. I just don't ever want to be without one.

To the poster who asked: the Rectifier is thin and light. A great slicer. The Practic is slightly longer and thicker. It's also light- weight but more of a workhorse.

I hope this helps.

There was a minor dustup on the MD forums after the knife was delivered minus the name "Terzuola" on the blade. MD issued a $20 refund and offered a full refund to anyone who was unhappy.

Did Bob approve the change or complain about it? Because if he didn't complain and he was fine with it, I don't see the big deal.

Did Bob approve the change or complain about it? Because if he didn't complain and he was fine with it, I don't see the big deal.

You'd have to ask Bob.

This is my first introduction to his designs. It may be smaller than his other designs, which is just fine with me.

The combination of Terzuola's design, WE's craftsmanship and MD's pricing is just about as good as it gets for knife collectors without unlimited budgets. And maybe even for them, too ......

There initially was some confusion because Sue Terzuola posted that they didn't know the logo had been changed. Since then Bob has released a video (I think maybe on Instagram???, sorry, not big on social media) saying the he's happy with the way the knife turned out and he's fine with the logo. The tempest has mostly blown over except for a few people who are too butt hurt over life in general to let it go :p. In the end, Bob endorses the knife as delivered and Massdrop ended up refunding $20 to everyone who bought in because of the logo issue and the hardware finish looking different from prototype.

I won't see mine for a few more days but I'm so eager to get my hands on that knife.

There initially was some confusion because Sue Terzuola posted that they didn't know the logo had been changed. Since then Bob has released a video (I think maybe on Instagram???, sorry, not big on social media) saying the he's happy with the way the knife turned out and he's fine with the logo. The tempest has mostly blown over except for a few people who are too butt hurt over life in general to let it go :p. In the end, Bob endorses the knife as delivered and Massdrop ended up refunding $20 to everyone who bought in because of the logo issue and the hardware finish looking different from prototype.

I won't see mine for a few more days but I'm so eager to get my hands on that knife.

Instagram, and yes that clears it up. If Bob is happy people shouldn't complain.
IG Video Link: https://scontent-frx5-1.cdninstagra...347_258241364730490_3978333691234484224_n.mp4

I forgot to mention that the lovely milled clip uses hidden screws.
It's the kind of thing you see on a $500 custom Shamwari from Gareth Bull.

Here's a link to a just-posted vid:

Who would be WE's prime competitors? Off the top I'd say ZT , Reate and Kizer. Maybe Spyderco and BM?

From what I've been reading , the build quality/F&F seems to be above and beyond.
We knives aren't anywhere near reate.

It opens and closes like a dream. Using flipper or thumb disc. It puts some $400 knives I've owned to shame.
Highly doubt this. It's pretty funny when someone makes this type of comparison.

Last edited:
We knives aren't anywhere near reate.

Highly doubt this. It's pretty funny when someone makes this type of comparison.
While i can understand Reate being a bit higher up than WE, i doubt that WE cant even touch Reate. That seems like a gross exaggeration.

While i can understand Reate being a bit higher up than WE, i doubt that WE cant even touch Reate. That seems like a gross exaggeration.
I have many knives from both. We knives just aren't on the same playground. Sorry if you think otherwise. I think we knives have some nice designs and I think reate knives are generally too thick behind the edge but tick for tack reate make a more premium knife with less fit and finish issues. Better action, higher end, designed better. All the we stuff I have and handled are nice, but I've gotten so many issues with the designs or fit and finish its not even funny. There a good knife company but they ain't on the same level.

One thing I wish they would do is make it mandatory for designers to make more than one prototype. Most makers make poor design choices and it ruins the knives for me cause they could have been way better.
The one maker Boos Blades did this and worked with Nick Shabazz to make a really great end product. So it's not always WE's fault on that aspect... But sometimes you wonder why they would do some things so half assed from a design given to them on a napkin.

I have many knives from both. We knives just aren't on the same playground. Sorry if you think otherwise. I think we knives have some nice designs and I think reate knives are generally too thick behind the edge but tick for tack reate make a more premium knife with less fit and finish issues. Better action, higher end, designed better. All the we stuff I have and handled are nice, but I've gotten so many issues with the designs or fit and finish its not even funny. There a good knife company but they ain't on the same level.

One thing I wish they would do is make it mandatory for designers to make more than one prototype. Most makers make poor design choices and it ruins the knives for me cause they could have been way better.
The one maker Boos Blades did this and worked with Nick Shabazz to make a really great end product. So it's not always WE's fault on that aspect... But sometimes you wonder why they would do some things so half assed from a design given to them on a napkin.

To be fair, Reate averages out to be around 200 dollars more than most WE knives. So its expected to be of better quality. They've gotta be pretty even with that big of a price difference. And i've only every heard positive things about WE.

I own a WE knife, and a WE made knife, and both are pretty perfect as far as i can tell.

Edit: Also, just ordered a Civivi Naja, so thatll be a blast to check out. Might be one of the top of the line budget knives from all of the reviews ive seen.

To be fair, Reate averages out to be around 200 dollars more than most WE knives. So its expected to be of better quality. They've gotta be pretty even with that big of a price difference. And i've only every heard positive things about WE.

I own a WE knife, and a WE made knife, and both are pretty perfect as far as i can tell.

Edit: Also, just ordered a Civivi Naja, so thatll be a blast to check out. Might be one of the top of the line budget knives from all of the reviews ive seen.
Even reate's cheaper knives like the prism are amazing. But yea good point.

It feels like we knives took on too much work in recent years. But whatever. The civivi knives are nice budget knives with budget steel. Per zknives it's 440B and similar to 440c also. We knives actually do a good heat treatment unlike most Chinese factories using those steels. That and the geometry is set up for slicing which is what cuts. Good action for such a cheap knife but I feel like most 40-50 Chinese branded knives all have good action, ruike, real Steel etc.

My interest in WE is new. I was curious and a little excited to try out a new (to me) company that has some decent non-flippers. I think this is the first I've heard of F&F issues concerning WE.

I had been considering a Spartan Harsey Folder. But when I saw some nice looking WE knives , I thought I'd given one a try. Especially since the ones I like (609 , 620 and 710) are about half as much money as the 2018 Harsey Folders I've been looking at. But , as always , ya get what ya pay for.

My interest in WE is new. I was curious and a little excited to try out a new (to me) company that has some decent non-flippers. I think this is the first I've heard of F&F issues concerning WE.

I had been considering a Spartan Harsey Folder. But when I saw some nice looking WE knives , I thought I'd given one a try. Especially since the ones I like (609 , 620 and 710) are about half as much money as the 2018 Harsey Folders I've been looking at. But , as always , ya get what ya pay for.
People rarely are honest or want to share there issues in the knife world. You shouldn't hesitate to get a we knives knife. They are good knives. Never said they weren't. But it's not all flowers like all the hype in this thread. They do have a usa service rep if you have issues.

To be fair, and I have this knife, the disappointment is because the knife does not have the exact design we were shown when we ordered it. Personally I’m really happy with it but do miss the Terzuola name on the blade.

Back