We lost one of our own today......

Oh my. Very sad news to read. Ed was a good friend to have. He was the first friend I made on this forum 12 years ago amid a shitstorm of confusions. I will sorely miss him, his kindness, and his willingness to talk and explain things whenever I had questions. I never had the chance of meeting him in person, but now I wish I had. We talked on numerous occasions at all hours of the day. From all I could gather from those conversations he was a good man, one like this world could use more of, and one for whom our world is a better place for having had him in it for a while.

Thank you for your friendship Ed, may you rest in peace and find the afterlife a better place than the one you've left behind.

Esav, still towering atop the post count list under "most notable members." Been wondering where he's been. Always humorous, and kind to me from day one1.

I'll continue to miss ye, witty and shining soul. Rest peacefully.

Ah, shit. This is a bad loss

He was one of the first people I "met" here, and really helped me out with the rules etc. I will miss him greatly.

My condolences to his family.

I am sorry for our loss. Condolences to his family. Condolences to us.

I learned a lot from Ed. I learned things about knives. I learned things about being a moderator. I have missed his presence on the forums. And will miss it more now.

While I never had the opportunity to have direct conversation, I did however enjoy reading his content and gleaning the knowledge and insight he shared.

A loss for the community for sure.

Smoke and prayers sent.

Wow, an absolute pillar of the community has been lost.
He'll be greatly missed.
May his family find comfort in the prayers and well wishes we offer.

So sad to hear this news. A huge loss for this community. He touched many lives here with his wisdom and knowledge.

Rest In Peace Ed. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. That's a hard loss here, not only was he was the #1 contributor, but he was genuinely a good guy. :( His absence had been noted, I was really hoping to see him posting again. :(

This past year has been horrible.

Last edited:
RIP Esav. He was and always will be a legend on BF. I believe that he still holds the high post number by a wide margin.

Very sad news, sincere condolences to the family and close friends. Winter's approaching...

Prayers for you and family
He was a terrific person
Sad for this major loss

Oh no, he will be missed by many. Peace and smiles to his family and close friends.

Sad news indeed. I pray that our loving Creator, comfort and strengthen Ed's family and friends, IJN.

Back