We lost one of our own today......

Sorry to hear this. I didn’t know him, but this was a name I immediately recognized. It always impresses me how connected people are on the forums. Always cool to see real community happening here.

Condolences to Esav’s friends and family.

This really sucks to hear. Condolences and prayers. He will definitely be missed. Dang.

very sad news. my condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P.

I am at a total loss for words. An icon and cornerstone of Blade Forum’s is gone. My sincerest condolences to his family.

He had an impact on many lives and mentored many people here about knives and everything related to them.

He was a major member of the knife community and like family to many here.

Esav/Ed my old friend, till we can trade knives again on the other side, R.I.P. .

Back in the early days of BF, he helped many and with many of the originals helped to form the core beliefs of what we wanted our forum to be.

He had great sense of humor and occasionally stopped into the less regulated parts of the forum to participate in the verbal sparring of the night.

Smoke and prayers up and out for his family and friends including those at BF here who’ll miss him tremendously.

Last edited:
Rest in peace Ed. Haven't interacted with him but the sticky on GKD was one of the first things I noticed when I joined. Condolences to his friends and family.

This World is not Conclusion.
A Species stands beyond -
Invisible, as Music -
But positive, as Sound -
It beckons, and it baffles -
Philosophy - don't know -
And through a Riddle, at the last -
Sagacity, must go -
To guess it, puzzles scholars -
To gain it, Men have borne
Contempt of Generations
And Crucifixion, shown -
Faith slips - and laughs, and rallies -
Blushes, if any see -
Plucks at a twig of Evidence -
And asks a Vane, the way -
Much Gesture, from the Pulpit -
Strong Hallelujahs roll -
Narcotics cannot still the Tooth
That nibbles at the soul -

~Emily Dickinson~

Best read to the tune of the Yellow Rose of Texas

RIP

Esperance en Dieu

A true pillar in the BF community. He was a fixture here as long as I can remember, as well as a solidly contributing member. Sucks to lose people like this. RIP.

Very sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed!!

What an irreplaceable loss to our community.

RIP, Ed. You were the best of us.

He was definitely one of the good guys. I’m very sorry to hear of his passing.

Back