Off Topic We need to buy this hero a REAL knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can supply his address to me (profile post) I'll gladly send him a nice one. :thumbsup: He will, however, probably receive dozens. :D

I got a NIB Cold Steel GoldenEye that I'd send him

I am only going to run the Gofundme page until early next week. On Monday I am going to contact the local news/his Chic Fil A location to get his contact info for the Gofundme knife donations. When I get those details I will PM you guys and you can send them as well. Sound good homies?

I am only going to run the Gofundme page until early next week. On Monday I am going to contact the local news/his Chic Fil A location to get his contact info for the Gofundme knife donations. When I get those details I will PM you guys and you can send them as well. Sound good homies?

Sounds good. I’m down

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I think it’s great that people want to give him a knife, I thought the same thing, but I think letting him chose what he wants is best.
Maybe we can steer him in the right direction...away from gas station karambits :)

I'd imagine we can probably just ship it to the store. That way he doesn't have to divulge any personal info.

I'd imagine we can probably just ship it to the store. That way he doesn't have to divulge any personal info.
I thought of that, but I doubt the store would set itself up for future liability. Good things are not so simple anymore. :( Perhaps a trusted member (with better expertise than mine) can learn where to send and we can forward through them? "Go fund me" could end up being much more than a knife or a few, and that is certainly NOT my intent.

Glad you suggested it ... I thought the same when I posted the first thread seeing it on the news ...

And was even happier that Chick fi la gave him a raise instead of hassle for having a knife at work ...

I'd be in to help get him something ... better quality and a membership on here if he'd be interested ... and his parents are ok with it ... I reckon if he is a minor that would be a factor in this too ... not sure of his age ... just was stated a "teenager" ...

But it goes to show even a cheap knife can be useful ... you don't have to have a $500.00 knife to save a life.

Last edited:
I thought of that, but I doubt the store would set itself up for future liability. Good things are not so simple anymore. :( Perhaps a trusted member (with better expertise than mine) can learn where to send and we can forward through them? "Go fund me" could end up being much more than a knife or a few, and that is certainly NOT my intent.

There's no real liability. We'll still address it to Logan. It would be illegal for the store to open his mail. It'll just be sent to their address.

People receive mail at "the office" all the time. Doesn't make the office responsible for its contents.

If things go well I will contact their local news as well and see if we can't make a story about this. Good BF publicity haha!

There's no real liability
ThomasLinton and others would address this better than me, but, if he were to do something "bad" with the knife in the future, you can bet the store would be sued. :rolleyes: I believe "Tort" law gets involved here-so sad. :(

Hero kid saved a baby while at work with a kinfe. Check out the video below.

The kid's knife is a joke and I would love to give him a nice new one, but I'm not a rich man... Would anybody be down to help me donate to buy him a new one? I think the B.F. community could easily pull this off...

***GoFundMe link is here... https://www.gofundme.com/new-knife-for-hero-logan-simmons-bladeforums***

Oh my that was worse than i would have expected. Well at least he knows how to sharpen a blade

I'll throw down a bit he whipped that thing out on TV no shame.

Have to find out the kids local knife laws too tho don't wanna send him a knife that gets taken hahaha

And I say we force it on the kid look at what he has on his pocket. We can't just give him money imagine what he'll buy. We as his elders have to make this choice for him because he's not old enough yet.

ThomasLinton and others would address this better than me, but, if he were to do something "bad" with the knife in the future, you can bet the store would be sued. :rolleyes: I believe "Tort" law gets involved here-so sad. :(

Okie dokie :rolleyes:

If we're already considering the consequences of him doing something illegal with the knife why are we sending him one? I think you're also overestimating the legal knowledge of your typical fast food store manager.

I think you're also overestimating the legal knowledge of your typical fast food store manager
Or underestimating the greed of attorneys. :rolleyes: I'm willing to take on the repercussions of the gift, but I'm not so sure of a corporate representative.

Let's have @whitty custom anodize a knife, maybe with a fitting quote laser engraved onto the blade? I chipped in too.

Have to find out the kids local knife laws too tho don't wanna send him a knife that gets taken hahaha

Holy crap! That actually makes sense, and no mention of the axis lock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back