Off Topic We need to buy this hero a REAL knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the state, I'd imagine.

Edit: I just checked and it's Georgia. Should be fine there. The only law against giving knives to minors is for the sake of offense or violence, which this kid is obviously not doing by saving children.

I am all for rewarding the guy with another knife but I just do not understand the tone of the thread title and that of many replies here. Yes the knife may not be as fancy and expensive as the knives that most BFers own in their collection, but the fact that it was used successfully to save a childs life alone should put it in the "knife hall of fame."

A "better" knife in what sense? The knife got the job done, nicely and safely. Lets give it some respect and credit.

THIS!!!!!!

He had a knife, and it was sharp enough to cut through a seat belt. That alone sets him head and shoulders above the non knife carrying liberals that would think it a shame and a crime for the kid to even have a knife.

There is a bad tendency for the knife nuts on this and other forums to have this elitist mentality that unless its some BenchmadeSpyderco wonder knife, that it's some POS Chinese clunker. Well, ((5 of the rest of the world gets by very well with cheap Chinese clunkers because that's all they can afford. The guy who had to amputate his own arm when he was trapped by that builder used a cheap Chinese clone of a Leatheman. The guy who had to amputate his own leg when he was trapped by a tree he was cutting down, used a Cheap Chinese lock blade. And so on.

If it's a knife, and the blade is any kind of steel, and its sharp, will do the job. Yes, the kid would benefit from a gift of a better knife. But the one he used obviously was up to the job. It's a knife and it was sharp enough.

Stuck up attitude is never a nice thing.

THIS!!!!!!

Stuck up attitude is never a nice thing.

I think you're projecting or making assumptions. My read on the situation is that everyone respects the hell out of what this kid did and wants to reward him with something awesome, not browbeat him about having a shitty knife. He's working a drive through. I've done it, and I know from experience that buying a Shiro at that stage in life probably ain't gonna happen.

But there is nothing wrong with being kind and giving someone a gift for being an awesome person. This is why I'd donate, not some kind of elitist flexing.

The funniest thing about this thread is concern about knife laws. It’s freaking Flowery Branch, Georgia, for God’s sake!

And you think Georgians are known in the rest of the country for their sane laws on anything fun? lol

Would not surprise me at all if they had some of the most restrictive laws in the country.

The NRA doesn't back knife* rights I have absolutely no faith

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet but has anyone considered that you’re trying to give a knife to a likely minor?

A gift like this from strangers should meet with the approval of a minor’s parents or guardian.

I’m all for helping out fellow knife knuts but there are limits of what Internet strangers could and should do with a minor.

It also seems a lot more logical to send him a BladeHQ gift card rather than shipping a physical knife. That way he can pick whatever he wants. He can also retain anonymity by claiming the gift card with a burner email.

He walks around with a folding knife....

What possible complaint could his parents have?

He just saved a small childs life with a knife haha

I think we should stop bickering and just get something done, whether it's a gift card or knife.

The kid is obviously a fan of knives, and he did a good thing...let's reward that. :)

And you think Georgians are known in the rest of the country for their sane laws on anything fun? lol

Would not surprise me at all if they had some of the most restrictive laws in the country.

The NRA doesn't back knife* rights I have absolutely no faith
I always turn on my Google machine if I have any doubts that what I’m going to write is silly/foolish/wrong. Try it.

He walks around with a folding knife....

What possible complaint could his parents have?

He just saved a small childs life with a knife haha
Either way, you assume or I assume. My assumption is a wiser path.

Or can you not tell a wiser path from an unwise path?

Never mind, I’ve read your posts and already have my answer.

Either way, you assume or I assume. My assumption is a wiser path.

Or can you not tell a wiser path from an unwise path?

Never mind, I’ve read your posts and already have my answer.

did you see that interview/

You think they're gonna retain a lawyer and sue you? lol

What are you worried about? Georgia cops coming to find you for sending the hero kid a knife?

did you see that interview/

You think they're gonna retain a lawyer and sue you? lol

What are you worried about? Georgia cops coming to find you for sending the hero kid a knife?
I’m worried about random adults from the internet sending a knife to an unknown minor.

Don’t worry. When you’re an adult, you’ll worry about crap like that too.

I’m worried about random adults from the internet sending a knife to an unknown minor.

Don’t worry. When you’re an adult, you’ll worry about crap like that too.

Yea needlessly stressing about the working class family sueing me for giving their kid a knife which he was just on TV for using to save another kids life

Who is the child here?

You have no sense

He can also retain anonymity by claiming the gift card with a burner email.

Kind of late to retain anonymity. Once they say your name and you give an interview on the 10 o’clock news. Then it goes viral. The anonymity ship has sailed.

The point wasn't about google

The point was about georgia and waht a backwards place it is
Ok. You’re probably right. Georgians are so backward that they post ignorant, ill-informed, nonsense about knife laws on a knife forum. Oh, wait. That may not have been a Georgian.

Ok. You’re probably right. Georgians are so backward that they post ignorant, ill-informed, nonsense about knife laws on a knife forum. Oh, wait. That may not have been a Georgian.

Yea people who think state laws are the only laws that apply to knives

lol

WHOOOOOOOSH

Yea people who think state laws are the only laws that apply to knives

lol

WHOOOOOOOSH
People like knife collecting lawyers? If you buy a Google machine, look up First Law of Holes. Wooooosh that. With that, I’m out before the infracting begins...

There was a convenience store clerk a few years ago that fought off a would be robber. He was given an award for his bravery, then fired because company policy is to not resist when being robbed.

I'd fire him, give him 30 days severance pay, then rehire him 30 days later. :)

People like knife collecting lawyers? If you buy a Google machine, look up First Law of Holes. Wooooosh that. With that, I’m out before the infracting begins...

Yea go crawl back into your hole in fear of teh working class mom and her non existent lawyer

joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back