Off Topic We need to buy this hero a REAL knife!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like their politics. Won't eat there. Glad he saved a life. His knife did just fine.

I am all for rewarding the guy with another knife but I just do not understand the tone of the thread title and that of many replies here. Yes the knife may not be as fancy and expensive as the knives that most BFers own in their collection, but the fact that it was used successfully to save a childs life alone should put it in the "knife hall of fame."

A "better" knife in what sense? The knife got the job done, nicely and safely. Lets give it some respect and credit.

2 minutes of Google-Fu tells us this life saving knife is a TAC-Force.
81koDp9NoeL._SL1500_.jpg

The funniest thing about this thread is concern about knife laws. It’s freaking Flowery Branch, Georgia, for God’s sake!

Since the kid likes karambits, someone should get him a CRKT provoke. Despite being CRKT, it's not bad, and 100x better than what he has.

I think the best and most logical thing would be contacting him, sending him a gift card for a supporting vendor and inviting him to join. That way he'll get a knife and can pick one he likes himself and can ask for advice if he feels like he needs it regarding the purchase. That way he can pick whatever he wants and not what we think he needs, especially as others have mentioned, he did something more impressive with his "junky M-Tech Karambit" compared to what the majority of us do on a daily basis with our knives.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned yet but has anyone considered that you’re trying to give a knife to a likely minor?

A gift like this from strangers should meet with the approval of a minor’s parents or guardian.

I’m all for helping out fellow knife knuts but there are limits of what Internet strangers could and should do with a minor.

It also seems a lot more logical to send him a BladeHQ gift card rather than shipping a physical knife. That way he can pick whatever he wants. He can also retain anonymity by claiming the gift card with a burner email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back