We were all new here once

Hello everyone! I am a new member and a bit obsessive about knives. I have been lurking long enough that it felt wrong that I was not a member so I pulled the trigger. I hope to be of some contribution going forward. I have about 40 knives in my collection. I tend to gravitate towards Spyderco and Benchmade but I am checking the "
EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?" thread daily for new inspiration. There are some truly beautiful works of art posted there.

Thanks for a great forum!

Welcome!

I've been using information from here for many years but never registered. I only have basic understanding of knives and steel. I started buying knives 15 years ago after being a passenger in a bad car accident. My left arm is paralyzed and had braces on my teeth after the accident, so opening things was a task until I discovered small flippers. I now have bigger flippers like a Maserin Pitbull, which I've never used, and a ZT 0462cf, which I think is amazing and far better than my 0460, but my 0450 is my favorite ZT. Anyway, I've always liked smaller knives. My ZT 0450cf is the biggest in my EDC rotation. Call me strange, but detailed little things like the Rike Hummingbird grab my attention.

Hi all! I am new here, but lurked around for a while before actually registering. My first "knife" was a really cheap butterfly knife from this karate place (haha) that is so stuck and the screws so stripped I couldn't really use it for anything but a "fancy and cool letter opener." I don't know much about knives and decided that I might as well join to see if I can learn something while maybe make a friend or two. My favorite knife is this manual open knife with the name Workzone. No steel type, nothing else, just the brand name. But that's fine, it cuts well, it does its job well, I am satisfied.

Hi all! I am new here, but lurked around for a while before actually registering. My first "knife" was a really cheap butterfly knife from this karate place (haha) that is so stuck and the screws so stripped I couldn't really use it for anything but a "fancy and cool letter opener." I don't know much about knives and decided that I might as well join to see if I can learn something while maybe make a friend or two. My favorite knife is this manual open knife with the name Workzone. No steel type, nothing else, just the brand name. But that's fine, it cuts well, it does its job well, I am satisfied.

Welcome to BF! Lifes too short to use bad knives :D Pick up a lower price kershaw. Some can be had in the $15-25 range. I think you'll notice a big improvement over your WorkZone, and a Kershaw will last you for years to come.

Hope you enjoy your stay here

New here as well. I've came acroas this forum many, many times in the past while researching various knife and axe related topics. There's a great amount of knowledge here as well as some really talented bladesmiths. As I read from another member, new to the forum but not new to knives. Thank you all.

New member here and never really been into knives but do own a couple of cheap $10-$20 price range kershaw knives and just recently purchased a Zt 0566 and a ZT 0562. One will be my EDC knife and the other will probably sit in my safe or if my wants to take it. Can't wait to absorb the wealth of knowledge that BF holds.

New guy. The wife said I couldn't buy another car to restore so I started messing with making knives. Been at it a couple of months now. This place has showed up a bunch of times in my google searches and the information has been super helpful so thank you to all you folks who pitch in. I finished my 3rd knife build today. I'll post it in the appropriated forum, once I figure out what that is. The wife claimed it so I guess it's time to make another one, huh? LOL. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

New guy. The wife said I couldn't buy another car to restore so I started messing with making knives. Been at it a couple of months now. This place has showed up a bunch of times in my google searches and the information has been super helpful so thank you to all you folks who pitch in. I finished my 3rd knife build today. I'll post it in the appropriated forum, once I figure out what that is. The wife claimed it so I guess it's time to make another one, huh? LOL. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

Link to the knife I just finished. Apparently I don't know the secret handshake to put it in the gallery for the knife makers.

http://www.arkansaspontiacs.org/hunter.mp4

Greetings all! I am new to this forum, but certainly not to knives. Been a knife enthusiast since before I was legally allowed to buy a blade in my state, began actually collecting a few years ago, but only in the last or so did I really start to research different companies and blade steels. Hoping to learn from the collective wealth of knowledge on this forum. I want to post something about knife steel, but I'll try to explore first to see if one already exists.

Hi everyone. I have had an account here for a while and have posted a couple of times, but have definitely visited more times than I could count. I look forward to learning a lot here, engaging in respectful conversation/debate, and having a fair amount of fun. - Walter

Similarly here. Joined and lurked, posting a couple times.

I worked as a restaurant chef for 30 years but have only begun (in my retirement) playing with folding knives recently. A KaBar Dozier hunter became the first a few years ago when a friend put new ebony scales on it. That fixed its ergonomics. But that blade isn't exactly very useful. Not long ago I got a RealSteel S571 flipper that is pretty nice but a pin broke off the pocket clip and RealSteel isn't responsive to supplying replacement parts. So, I took the first high-end plunge yesterday and got an entry level Shirogorov F3. The blade shapes on both the Shiro and RealSteel are most like my favorite kitchen knives that resemble a smallish French butcher's knife. 100mm or so blade length, and a flat grind. The Shiro will be a keeper.

When I get Photobucket to work again I'll post a few pics.

Best,
Wayne

Hi alll st0ut from New England. I know for most of you I am a heretic. Aka. Gerber knifes and v sharpeners etc And that’s ok.

My current collection
Ka-Bar mule
Gerber ultimate survivor fixed
Gerber Ghoststrike fixed
Gerber mp600 Scout multitool
Learthermen skeletool

One thing I have learned. Don’t by your wife a Swiss Army knife for Valentine’s Day.

That did not go over well

...Don’t by your wife a Swiss Army knife for Valentine’s Day.

That did not go over well

That's why I got her a BM mini grip w/ factory blue scales, & she doesn't even like knives, but she liked this one. SCORE!!!

P.S. My Victorinox SAK sits on our vanity. Those scissors & tweezers are that awesome.

One thing I have learned. Don’t by your wife a Swiss Army knife for Valentine’s Day.

That did not go over well[/QUOTE]
A shout back at ya St0ut from a Boston boy. You should have got her a nice Hinderer with some custom pink ano'ed hardware not that she would love that ether but it could be sitting in YOUR dresser now instead of the Victorinox. Just sayin, Anyway have a Wicked Pissa rest of your night

This newbie would like to know how to start a new thread. I have a katana and another smaller sword I need help identifying

Back