1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 4 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade Limited Edition 319DLC-1801 Proper, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 26!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

We were all new here once

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by killgar, Nov 17, 2012.

1. SharpPancake

SharpPancake

Dec 30, 2018
    New member from Europe. Long time lurker, sharp objects lover. I am hoping that I can learn something new about knives. Also not a native english speaker, so it will be good exercise for my writing skills.

2. MM1313

MM1313

Dec 24, 2018
    Another long time lurker from CT here... Been around knives since I was a 3rd grader hiding my swiss army in my backpack. Past 4-5 yrs have really gotten into the hobby and completely fallen in love with it. Always looking for more knowledge and hope I can help a few others with some of my own.

3. BigCheeLim

BigCheeLim

Jan 3, 2019
    Greetings from Las Vegas, I carried a CKRT folder since 2007 and used it as my EDC and fishing knife. I switched to a HK folder I got from big 5 about 2 years ago and now I'm looking to get my first high quality knife. Looking for a benchmade or spyderco folder with a 3"/under blade. I am primarily a firearms guy.

4. Flagg

Flagg

Jul 31, 2017

My experience is that those who have expert skills are usually very free with such and help newbies.

I do not sell many knives as my skill is not up to that standard although I have made a few and sold to mates and ALL the money has gone to MacMillan, I have not even taken out my costs.
    I would like a pre loved 2x72, do not see many in the UK

Flagg.

5. jsmarten

jsmarten

Jan 9, 2019
    Hello from Pennsylvania

6. Wilfred17

Wilfred17

Jan 18, 2016
    Greetings from Pittsburgh,been a member since 2016, figure it's time to quit lurking. Not really sure what I can contribute,but I'm on here almost daily.

Seesteel likes this.
  7. Ramenlife

Ramenlife

Thursday
    Tulsan; glad to be here. Love knives. Was a big follower of Charlie Mike RIP and love this forum. I want to contribute in some way. I have already learned a ton from BF.

colin.p and Seesteel like this.
  8. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    just jump in most are pretty welcoming to new members ... tell us a little about the knives you have and or like ... pictures are always nice ...welcome

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 at 8:34 AM
    Wilfred17 likes this.
  9. Dagnabbit

Dagnabbit

Sunday
    Old geezer here, simple man who likes practical knives I can use that will have a purpose in my life opposed to owning safe queens. Nothing beats carrying and holding a nice piece of steel that feels good in the hand and works reliably.

wayneblocker5369 and Seesteel like this.