We were all new here once

Welcome to BF Conrad. You are going to find more knowledge and like minded friends here than you ever could have imagined. Jump right on into any area/forum/discussion that interests you, just hold onto your wallet because everyday you spend here you’re going to find or see something that you will want or desire. Have fun and once again, welcome to BF.

Thanks for the warm welcome
Yeah I'm sure this is the start of me falling down the rabbit hole of a knife addiction, and I hope there's no cure :p

Stay safe and healthy all.

Welcome all. A great pleasure to have new members in this ever growing place of knife lovers :thumbsup:
Aryan

Welcome everyone
I just registered, but I read the forum for quite some time. I hope my non native English won't be too bad.
I'm mainly interested in manual folders and recently switched to traditionals.

Well, hello everyone..
I'm from Brazil and recently registered because this forum is outstanding. This is my first post...
Here in Brazil, several black-belts knifemakers indicate this platform to those people who seek more inspiration, more references, more knowlegde... in a quickly visit, I note this... instantly...
With my 32 springs, i will make some blades... some not too straight, some not too pretty, but some has to be good rsrs...
Best regards...

Hello all! I'm exited to be a new member of this forum, as I have just got into knives and want to grow my collection. I am looking foward to learning more about knives and hope I can contribute to the discussions I like knives that are easy to EDC and am not fussed about blade steels or brands.
Stay safe and well everyone.

Joined a while back, I love knives and I'm just beginning to get into knife making.

Last edited:
For example, here's one I made:

View attachment 1324706
She is a beauty David and by the look of it those scales aren't going to loosen up anytime soon. I'm working with some Purple Hartwood scales for a knife I'm making and I have to say that is an absolute pleasure to work with but man this wood makes oak seem like Balsa wood in hardness.

Welcome to BF,
imo ‘the place’ for knife related hobby, and a gathering of people having great knowledge and treasure of knives. Cheers :thumbsup:
Aryan

New guy here. Finally joined after years of reading threads. I hope everyone is doing well! Here's to many great convo's!! :D

Hi I'm new I just joined, I'm located in Ontario and like knives and swords.

Last edited:
Another new member here from the UK! I've always been interested in knives, but over the last year I have found myself rapidly sliding down the slippery slope of knife addiction . It looks like I'm going to learn a lot from you guys

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes newbies don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach newbies a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.
I am a newbie to website trying to figure out how to create new thread. I have a knife I want to post pictures of to see if anyone can tell me info of knife. Has now markings just a “banner” or “symbol” on handle

Welcome to BF,

I think you have a general idea of what to expect here. Also it gets addicting, and fun. Enjoy :thumbsup:
Aryan

Another new member here from the UK! I've always been interested in knives, but over the last year I have found myself rapidly sliding down the slippery slope of knife addiction . It looks like I'm going to learn a lot from you guys

I am a newbie to website trying to figure out how to create new thread. I have a knife I want to post pictures of to see if anyone can tell me info of knife. Has now markings just a “banner” or “symbol” on handle

Last edited:
First day on the forum. I picked up my first nice knives about 20+ years ago. Then I just settled on mainly Leathermans until a couple months ago. I am determined not to get too crazy but I am on my 3rd knife and just ordered a sharpener. So how few many knives can you have before you have to say you are a collector?

Hi, I'm Jamie from Wales in the UK, I have always since I was knee-high to a grasshopper had a love for all things sharp, I'm a straight razor restorer, I also hone razors for many straight razor users, I'm pretty well known in straight razor circles, I'm a mentor on the American straight razor forum SRP Straight Razor Palace formerly the Straight Razor Place, I'm also a moderator on their Facebook group.

Eno
First day on the forum. I picked up my first nice knives about 20+ years ago. Then I just settled on mainly Leathermans until a couple months ago. I am determined not to get too crazy but I am on my 3rd knife and just ordered a sharpener. So how few many knives can you have before you have to say you are a collector?
Enough that you forget how many you got!

Looks like I found the right place for NFGs.
Just joined but I have looked before on Tapatalk.
I am in Central Texas. Retired last year and have always wanted to make knives. Unfortunatly, I never had much chance. Took up buying blades, putting handles on them and making custom sheaths, both leather and Kydex as well as combination sheaths. I also shoot, hunt, reload, obviously fish as well as make custom rods and soft baits. I am on a couple other forums with the same name.
Also, If anuone knows how to make this Forum work on tapatalk I would be emensely grateful. It is a lot easier for me than a laptop. I can' seem to get it to work.

Looks like I found the right place for NFGs.
Just joined but I have looked before on Tapatalk.
I am in Central Texas. Retired last year and have always wanted to make knives. Unfortunatly, I never had much chance. Took up buying blades, putting handles on them and making custom sheaths, both leather and Kydex as well as combination sheaths. I also shoot, hunt, reload, obviously fish as well as make custom rods and soft baits. I am on a couple other forums with the same name.
Also, If anuone knows how to make this Forum work on tapatalk I would be emensely grateful. It is a lot easier for me than a laptop. I can' seem to get it to work.

Welcome
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back