Western Movies

How do you respond to people that say they don't like Westerns?

• Walk away

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Bust a Cap, then Walk Away

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
tenor.gif

Last time I saw it I noticed that the harmonica kept changing. It was dented in some shots and not in the very next shot. Hmmmmm.

I watched the first episode of this. It is without a doubt, a spaghetti western set in space and actually pretty entertaining. Every scene could be from a Sergio Leone movie.

NINTCHDBPICT000531133076.jpg

I haven't got Disney+ but I checked out the bar fight scene on youtube.

Definitely western inspired. :thumbsup:

My son has Disney+. I'll watch a couple episodes while I'm at his place next month.

I'm going to need you to make me a knife out of that Beskar steel. I don't know what it is but it looks like something I could get steel snobish with :p:D.

Just found it on TCM. Great movie..not sure Jimmy Stewart ever made a bad movie.
He was great on the radio as Britt Ponset, The Six Shooter, too.

Last edited:
I love old time radio. My XM radio pretty much is parked there. Jimmy Stewart probably my all time fav actor. Bad ass on the big screen, radio and in the air during WW2. I can't see any current actor giving up his career to fight for his country. Those were real men.

The Outlaw Josey Wales is not only my favorite Western, it is my favorite movie. I even own an original of the book it was based on, Gone To Texas (movie is very true to the book). Favorite quote -

Josey Wales - When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
Lone Watie - I notice when you get to dislikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

I love old time radio. My XM radio pretty much is parked there. Jimmy Stewart probably my all time fav actor. Bad ass on the big screen, radio and in the air during WW2. I can't see any current actor giving up his career to fight for his country. Those were real men.
I far prefer old radio to movies or television. It is fun to watch old movies now and hear voices and try to identify them by their radio persona.
Examples: The newspaper reporter in Liberty Valance.
I heard his voice and went straight to the memory banks. Philip Gault, The Whisperer. I'd know that voice anywhere.
The newspaper owner/editor? One of the many Johnny Dollar's.

Silverado was a great one, what a stellar cast.
yeKcbVo.gif

silverado.gif

Back