Whacha Been Up To......

Thanks Dave I had always hated sewing slip sheaths but now I look forward to doing them
Crazy right
:)
G2

Some day we'll talk ya into a Cobra or two, Gary! These recents were all one order for a guy here on BF:

1 1/4" dress belt that tapers to 1":

r35az4J.jpg

With carlos border stamping:

oDFudub.jpg

Cowboy Grande knife (first blade I've mirror polished in probably 10 years). He told me I'd remember how. Black water buffalo horn handle:

UxdywP6.jpg

zZPDZnK.jpg

With two (left and right hand ) pancake sheaths with carlos border stamping:

gp1ofBi.jpg

H4jVUYs.jpg

Matching crossdraw holster for a Kimber K6S revolver:

8i0KeIT.jpg

An oak carved pancake style holster for the same revolver, strong side draw:

1RETTK7.jpg

A flower carved pancake style holster for a Ruger SP101 revolver:

vsYzKjQ.jpg

The whole shooting match:

VFTrp2j.jpg

Some day we'll talk ya into a Cobra or two, Gary! These recents were all one order for a guy here on BF:

1 1/4" dress belt that tapers to 1":

r35az4J.jpg

With carlos border stamping:

oDFudub.jpg

Cowboy Grande knife (first blade I've mirror polished in probably 10 years). He told me I'd remember how. Black water buffalo horn handle:

UxdywP6.jpg

zZPDZnK.jpg

With two (left and right hand ) pancake sheaths with carlos border stamping:

gp1ofBi.jpg

H4jVUYs.jpg

Matching crossdraw holster for a Kimber K6S revolver:

8i0KeIT.jpg

An oak carved pancake style holster for the same revolver, strong side draw:

1RETTK7.jpg

A flower carved pancake style holster for a Ruger SP101 revolver:

vsYzKjQ.jpg

The whole shooting match:

VFTrp2j.jpg

Really really nice !!!!!!

Forged this knife for my dad, as a Christmas present. It is my second attempt at a forged knife. First attempt at a shaped hidden tang handle. I made a sheath. Honestly, I need to steal it back and do a bit more polish on the blade. I sharpened the edge up after completion of the sheath, and there are a few errant 600 grit marks near the edge I need to strop away with an aluminum oxide loaded strop.

yIRGBiC.jpg

Uk7MFGX.jpg

KiYU91K.jpg

xAyCtux.jpg

hIwU7Xp.jpg

UF3WiUW.jpg

lZIgFJJ.jpg

ELesLO6.jpg

Forged this knife for my dad, as a Christmas present. It is my second attempt at a forged knife. First attempt at a shaped hidden tang handle. I made a sheath. Honestly, I need to steal it back and do a bit more polish on the blade. I sharpened the edge up after completion of the sheath, and there are a few errant 600 grit marks near the edge I need to strop away with an aluminum oxide loaded strop.

yIRGBiC.jpg

Uk7MFGX.jpg

KiYU91K.jpg

xAyCtux.jpg

hIwU7Xp.jpg

UF3WiUW.jpg

lZIgFJJ.jpg

ELesLO6.jpg

That looks like a good skinning knife. Good job.

I ordered a Cobra 4 a few weeks ago, waiting on it to ship. I'm super excited, I've got a pile of knives in my shop that need sheaths. I'm trying to come up with some other leather or canvas projects to do with it. It kinda opens up a whole new world of cool things I can make, like holsters and range bags and dopp kits and stuff. I'll be interested to see how thin of material I can get away with on the cobra. I'm not super interested in making fine goods like wallets, but making bags and stuff seems totally possible. I really enjoy seeing the stuff you guys make!

@Gary W. Graley I would love to speak to you about commissioning a sheath for a butterfly knife. Is there a good way to contact you about such things? I can't seem to get the forum messages to work.
I'm very new here so, please excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask about this.

yIRGBiC.jpg

Uk7MFGX.jpg

KiYU91K.jpg

xAyCtux.jpg

hIwU7Xp.jpg

UF3WiUW.jpg

lZIgFJJ.jpg

ELesLO6.jpg
Wow ! If that’s only your second attempt , you need to keep at it cause you have skills !! Looks really really good !!!! I really like the blade shape and the handle.
Nice job :)

yIRGBiC.jpg

Uk7MFGX.jpg

KiYU91K.jpg

xAyCtux.jpg

hIwU7Xp.jpg

UF3WiUW.jpg

lZIgFJJ.jpg

ELesLO6.jpg

Looks great! Knife and sheath!!

@Gary W. Graley I would love to speak to you about commissioning a sheath for a butterfly knife. Is there a good way to contact you about such things? I can't seem to get the forum messages to work.
I'm very new here so, please excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask about this.
You can email me at
chiseledge at yahoo.com
But I think you might have already??
G2

I finished a batch of eleven knives. After they were finished we hurried to get them on the website to sell as we were heading out of town. Had to make a flying dash over to NM to see a man about a horse. Here's a couple of em:

BjizrtO.jpg

BLUPIcu.jpg

Woke up early the next morning and hammer down east bound. 12 hours later we are in AZ just outside of NM, where we're spending the night. Next morning we zip over to NM and find the ranches driveway. Ten miles of this and there we are:

EOANK5o.jpg

We didn't buy the horse we came to look at but did buy a different one. They name a lot of their young horses after John Wayne movies. We went to look at Chisolm but bought Hatari, a coming 2 yr old filly.

ernbKl9.jpg

She's kinda muddy as they had a foot of snow a few days prior. Thats the father in law of the owner talking to me in the background and I'm holding Chisolm. Ya never know when ya gonna run into a fellow leather work. Hollis use to make saddles. We're leaving Hatari there for a month and they'll get her started and put 20-30 rides on her, then we'll hustle back and pick her up.

P4AZ6Oz.jpg

Zipped on back and made it to the house by midnight on Saturday. Long drive. Sunday we started in on these for a friend and got em done:

GABBfuu.jpg

XiRfOV0.jpg

UkzxRhQ.jpg

HRSNirl.jpg

Got em all done Sunday except for the pockets. She come back over Monday evening and we did the pockets and took some pics. Monday morning I started in on three rifle scabbards and finished them up Tuesday:

8QfQlSP.jpg

w10u2Od.jpg

it6eDc4.jpg

RIeCo2n.jpg

2bVnNQd.jpg

Starting another batch of knives this morning. Oh and Nichole got the taxes all ready to go see the accountant. Think I'm gonna take up decaf.

Jeeze Dave, whattya gonna do after breakfast? :)

Quite the life and that looks like a rugged horse too, 20-30 rides means what exactly? just curious.

And thanks for the ride to NM, I've been to Arizona a few times and down into Mexico a lot back a few years, I was going to drive from Mexico City to San Luis Potosi but I was warned NOT to take such a road trip as you go through the mountains and there are still banditos that will relieve you of your property...at the very least, so, we flew on up to there.

G2

Dave Ferry suggested to me the points were trailing too much on my Round Knife. So I cut them back a bit. Being my first Round Knife and never having used one, I didn't realize how right he was until I cut them back. Here's how it looks now.
p4137075493-4.jpg

Need to order some Stainless Steel foil for the heat treating process..............so HT is the next major step. Now to find some Stag Horn for the handle. Hard to find wide enough for that butt.

^^^^

Yeah, it did look a little dangerous last time. I was thinking that trying to keep from cutting yourself would be your primary focus if you were actually using it.

Back