Whacha Been Up To......

Very very nice 👍

How are you liking your machine ? Your stitching on the curves looks great 👍 Took me awhile to get the hang of that. I still stitch really slow lol.
Thanks, it's still awkward for me to run but it's been an amazing machine. I run it super slow on sheaths and have found it helps me if I sit down while I stitch. I turned my top speed down to 16 but only hit top end on belts. I'm still having trouble keeping things perfectly straight but I get smoother each time I use it. One thing that's probably common knowledge that I just figured out is not to stop, to keep on moving even if it's a snail's pace. An expensive investment but they're worth every penny aren't they.

My top tension knobs were almost fully threaded out, I recently increased the bobbin tension which let me tighten the top ones to even things out. It seems to stitch much better and now at least my top tension knobs don't look like they're about to pop off!

I think I just requested to follow your Instagram. (billa6343 ?).

Anyone else have an Instagram account they'd care to share?
Sure horsewrightclothing on IG
Here's a few I finished up recently.
View attachment 1731212

Those look great Redmeadow! I like, a lot. All basket stamped on the face?
Thanks, it's still awkward for me to run but it's been an amazing machine. I run it super slow on sheaths and have found it helps me if I sit down while I stitch. I turned my top speed down to 16 but only hit top end on belts. I'm still having trouble keeping things perfectly straight but I get smoother each time I use it. One thing that's probably common knowledge that I just figured out is not to stop, to keep on moving even if it's a snail's pace. An expensive investment but they're worth every penny aren't they.

My top tension knobs were almost fully threaded out, I recently increased the bobbin tension which let me tighten the top ones to even things out. It seems to stitch much better and now at least my top tension knobs don't look like they're about to pop off!

I was watching a video of a guy the other night sitting right next to two sewing machines and hand sewing. Wasn't like it was a tricky spot or anything or a patch in an awkward place, literally he hand sewed this entire portfolio deal sitting next to two machines. I was recently given an old Heiser holster:

BfvzwGh.jpg

I was reading up on the Heiser history:

It mentions that in the 1890s the Heiser company was the first to start using sewing machines on their leather work and that they really were able to increase production. By 1904 they had generated $40,000 in sales! Now thats really something when ya think that my last saddle that cost $6500 would of sold for about $25! I like one of their mottos: "No man ever lived long enough to wear out a Heiser holster." The Colt Bisley pictured is from 1906.

Anyhoo a few recents from us:

Built this oak carved SOB Pancake sheath for fellow BF knife maker Jess Latham:

00Fe15X.jpg

PDjt6TM.jpg

sEkOOYQ.jpg

3asCj4e.jpg

Just absolutely exquisite work on that knife by Jess, exquisite!

A Carlos border stamped belt too:

W0NHqEl.jpg

Some more coasters:

GVn4LYj.jpg

And Totes and more Totes:

mNpJ36i.jpg

This one for Lorien Lorien

cfVBqEa.jpg

ZClgo6N.jpg

29W0asV.jpg

Five interior pockets instead of one is a $25 option:

3495AJg.jpg

eAWEiLU.jpg

Nice, that really makes it pop in a natural looking way.

Thanks, if you dye your leather, the airbrush really helps as it applies it fairly evenly, before I would get blotchy results, and the saddle tan never looked quite right from one sheath to the next, now, it's much better overall.
I do wear a respirator as that airbrush thingy atomizes the dye and you really don't want to be breathing that stuff...
G2

Wow. Don’t get your fingers in the way.

I’ve never seen a sewing machine that could do that.

Parker

Weird as it looks drilled first and then stitched
But then, I wasn’t there
:)
G2

searched a bit and found that video, looks legit and wow, that is one tough sewing machine !!! the likes of which I'll never own, but wow...

Last edited:
Nichole whipped these out over the last couple of days after we got done with our winter works at the ranch. Horseshoe Coasters:

CmcItQ2.jpg

And a matching Notebook Cover. The logo on the notebook is the full logo for this company. There simply wasn't room on the coasters to do the whole logo;

zKxppQC.jpg

Together:

z1cz76j.jpg

And a few from our works:

Thought this was a cool shot. It was one of those deals ya don't notice until going over the pics later. But this is our friend's Fletch's bridle rig hangin on his saddle horn at lunchtime. I was mostly trying to get a pic of the braiding of the reins for M Macan . Wasn't until later that I noticed both the head stall and the curbstrap are showing our makers' mark on them:

9vgbHdA.jpg

This cute lil heifer will be a replacement heifer for us, adding her to the cow herd when she's weaned. We call her L'Oreal cause of the eye shadow she wears all the time.

zfxbvR9.jpg

Fletch and Nichole sorting off the momma cows:

7fwOf5f.jpg

0frUhtt.jpg

These shots if its leather and not the saddle or boots we made it. Our daughter Alyssa in the background made up the rest of our sorting crew. She's working the gate. Cows go by and in through the gate. Calves stay out.

eYSqTpu.jpg

Once the cows were sorted off, Alyssa and Fletch worked in the back bringing the cows forward to the sweep and into the chute:

EZkTvI0.jpg

Dave, Alyssa's fiancé ran the chute:

7kELdiy.jpg

Carina worked the catwalk keeping the cows pushed forward to the chute. When Alyssa and Fletch were coming with a new group Carina had to squat down so as not to stop the cattle.

dDRphKi.jpg

Nichole administered the shots and kept track of the paperwork.

m9KZLJp.jpg

She'd get up on the catwalk to help Carina sort out the occasional tangle:

Gr14dQa.jpg

All that done and it's branding time. Since most of these calves were smaller, we heeled them first and just drug them to the fire. Only a couple did we head and heel. Alyssa heeling L'Oreal.

soTQVf8.jpg

MMHLrxy.jpg

vsv5sdv.jpg

IakA1GF.jpg

Dave made a friend:

GmbJmJO.jpg
Thanks Dave, and I always love to see that kind of pics, and photos of work with horses

I seldom take on repair work. Just not time for it. But this holster and gun-belt intrigued me. The owner said it was made by Andy Anderson who made Clint Eastwoods holster in Man With No Name flicks. I couldn't find a maker's mark but it certainly looks the part. The owner said his father used this rig for fast draw competition in the 60s so it had quite a bit of sentimental value to him. Plus he needed a sheath for his Frost Cutlery Bowie. I repaired the billet on the gun belt and replaced the tie string on the holster.

a4nnE3X.jpg

K91RZwh.jpg

shP3LUs.jpg

ofvJJ8e.jpg

Back