what 3 knives would you bring????

Having a discussion with a buddy about what 3 knives(cutting tools) we would bring along for a week or 2 in the woods.

These have to be carried in/on a pack....(no chain saws)

You can bring only 3--

What knives/axes/saws/etc would you bring and why???

MY choice is my Bill Siegle Hoodlum 2(11" blade),Custom Ranger RD 3.75(S7 steel)....that would handle shelter building and all skinning /kitchen duties.

photos

Siegle Hoodlum 2:
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4558439
------------------------------------------------------------------------
RD 3.75 is on the bottom :http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4123819

My third choice is harder...

Axe or Saw or blade in the 6-8"?????

What are your choices????

ALSO--ON PAGE 2 THE SITUATION HAS CHANGED.

ANSWER THE 3 KNIVES FIRST--THEN READ HOW THE SITUATION CHANGED--

SEE IF YOUR STILL COMFORTABLE WITH THE 3 YOU CHOSE.

Gerber hatchet, Leatherman Wave, and a Howling Rat if I can ever get my hands on one.:eek:

Vic SAK, Sven Saw, Wetterlings large hunter. Or maybe something else entirely but the knife would be light and sharp, the saw and axe appropriate for the wood.

I would bring a Vic Camper, Swedish Military Mora, and my pocket chainsaw.

Probably my gerber multitool, the 17" gerber camp axe, and either a green RAT7, or a Ka-bar D2

Hey Doc....are those Ranger's with a Tanguay makeover?

hatchet-

yes Sir---Feel as good as they look

Hope all is well Bro.

yo hatchet how goes it....

here are afew i would bring...

soon to be mine, 6 in. kodiak camp knife...gene ingram #30 drop point... SAK camper....

I'd be quite comfortable with my native or my imperial barlow, either of my machetes of any of my hatchets, and my bow saw.

Hmmm, well now I might want my gerber multitool... So lets make that multitool, barlow/native and either CS machete or my 'good' hatchet (leaning towards hatchet since it splits much better). Things would change if I had a good, wood-style fixed blade but my only 'quality' fixed is a ka-bar USMC, and that isnt going to change for a while.

Back