What Are You Reading?

Share your current read or favorite author. Some of my favorite writers have been referrals from a friend or bargain table finds.

I'm just starting Dictator by Robert Harris. It's the final book of his Ancient Rome trilogy.

b74f6db42a9afcbfcb329527fb6ffd83.jpg

Jeff

Nothing right now, but my all time favorite author is Clive Cussler.

I get hot and cold on reading, however, during my pneumonia, just sitting around, i read a short book called Stark Decency. It recounted the true story of a German POW camp in northern NH during WW2. I hadn't known about it except hearing about it in passing and then a coworker lent me the book.

interesting times...

Last edited:
I wish I had some lofty, academic tome to report, but I don't. I've been working my way through the works of Edgar Rice Burroghs lately. Entertaining, easy reads.

I enjoy reading about local history. One of our Gathering spots, McKinley Woods, was a German POW camp for a short while right before the war ended. Some of the old foundations of the buildings still remain.

I enjoy reading about local history. One of our Gathering spots, McKinley Woods, was a German POW camp for a short while right before the war ended. Some of the old foundations of the buildings still remain.

That's pretty neat. I guess they chose this particular spot in NH as there was a civilian corps work camp there, and they needed pulpwood for wartime. That's what the POWs did, cut down trees.

The Blood Mirror by Brent Weeks. Science fiction/fantasy genre. This is book 4 in the series and it's good stuff so far.

983a50b32d3946b25dd62d1568ff32a1.jpg

My current read for this week I spent about $60 on used books right after Christmas and this was one of them, after this a couple of Marc MacYoung"s books.

I wish I had some lofty, academic tome to report, but I don't. I've been working my way through the works of Edgar Rice Burroghs lately. Entertaining, easy reads.

The Tarzan or Martian series? I read the Martian series a while back

Nothing right now, but my all time favorite author is Clive Cussler.

Clive writes some great stuff. Right now I need to go to the library and pick up the latest Lee Child book.

With an active 3 year old running around I don't get near the time to read I once did. I am reading The Borrowed World series by Franklin Horton. I bought the books at the recommendation of a friend and because the story setting is close to home. Several years ago I would have read all three over the course of a few sittings but I'm part way through the second book after more than a month.

I get hold and cold on reading, however, during my pneumonia, just sitting around, i read a short book called Stark Decency. It recounted the true story of a German POW camp in northern NH during WW2. I hadn't known about it except hearing about it in passing and then a coworker lent me the book.

interesting times...

This sounds interesting.

Jeff

Very cool, didn't know about that.

Jeff

Very cool, didn't know about that.

Jeff

Don't you remember the old foundation near the little shelter we were at? That was part of it, along with more near the big shelter where we park.

Trying to get back into reading again, used to be a pretty big reader in my youth but it's gotten away from me so recently picked up Walden & Civil Disobedience by Thoreau but his voice and dialect kind of makes it hard to get into.

No heavy reading here, I just finished Mark Helprin's Winter's Tale and am now reading Tom Clancy's Locked On.
I hope to get Joshua Hood's Warning Order which features the Cane Model by John in the near future.

Back