What did Santa bring you?

I got an IOU card from my wife for a knife of my choice. She knows I like to pick them out from my local knife shop.

My wife bought me a Boker Carvers Congress, some whittling books and a wool vest.
qz3KSUX.jpg

I did not get knives but, I did give a Wenger Standard Issue to my BIL.

Oh, I do have something made by Gerber waiting for me at work. I don't know what knid of knife, just that it is made by Gerber.

UPDATE: The Gerber is a Paraframe 2. Not really sure how I am going to put this Gerber to use.

Last edited:
Knife related. Wife grabbed me a tomahawk , pocket Bushman, paring knife and battle shades from Cold Steel. And some bad a** shirts, American flag pocket clip and lanyard skull lanyard bead from Emerson.

Funny thing is. She accidentally ordered the rubber training tomahawk lol and her face turned red. Made me love her even more. She really made me happy with a lot of gear this year.

Also just got a call from Bob Dozier two days ago to tell me my custom Little workhorse and sheath are complete :)

Oh, I gifted 4 Opinel #5's and two multi grit diamond sharpeners.

My wife bought me a Boker Carvers Congress, some whittling books and a wool vest.
qz3KSUX.jpg

Ohhh... I have a weakness for Boker's Solingen made slipjoints. In fact, i have one in my pocket right now (an appaloosa bone trapper). That is just a thing of beauty right there. The C75 steel takes a fierce edge, and a beautiful patina.

Ahhhh, my cheap b.... of a wife only got me a Spyderco Mike Draper, Kizer Activ Bantam (blue, skull), Browning cocobolo ignite and a bottle of Jim Beam single barrel plus an assortment of 5 of my favorite football snacks for the playoffs. :( Bummer. ;) No wonder I've hung around this marriage for 36 years. :D

Didn't get a knife this year, but I got the usual Cabela's gift cards. Thinking about grabbing the 940-1601. Pretty nice looking knife...

Kershaw Strobe.

OM878Z7.jpg

Comfortable to use, carries small. Smooth enough that it doesn't even need thumb studs. The scales make it much harder to accidentally press the lock tab when you try to pop the blade open.

But this is going to bother me.

4KIChwc.jpg

Don't see it?

FswaKlF.jpg

Or here:

AQ82wpM.jpg

Yep, that weird little partial swedge isn't symmetrical. I can live with it. A sub-$30 knife is going to have some compromises. Otherwise it's very good, and a factory blemish means I don't have to worry about keeping it precious. Remember kids: the South American River Basin (online) may have the cheapest, but not always the best.

Ahhhh, my cheap b.... of a wife only got me a Spyderco Mike Draper, Kizer Activ Bantam (blue, skull), Browning cocobolo ignite and a bottle of Jim Beam single barrel plus an assortment of 5 of my favorite football snacks for the playoffs. :( Bummer. ;) No wonder I've hung around this marriage for 36 years. :D
Haha! Man, what a slacker on the gifts this year... ;)

Ohhh... I have a weakness for Boker's Solingen made slipjoints. In fact, i have one in my pocket right now (an appaloosa bone trapper). That is just a thing of beauty right there. The C75 steel takes a fierce edge, and a beautiful patina.
My first slip in many years. Very impressed with fit and finish. 4 blades and none of them rub each other. Wanted to take up whittling and this knife was highly recommended. Needs a good sharpening but thats no biggie.

I did VERY well knife-wise this year.:)

My wife and kids bought me a Spyderco Pacific Salt, a Ladybug Hawkbill Salt and a Byrd Meadowlark SS. Oh, and a Spyderco Sharpmaker too.

My father-in-law strangely gave me some $$$ this year (I’m 48! Lol) and I quickly blew the entire wad on a Spyderco Native 5 and a Endura 4. :thumbsup:

Got my dad a Baker Kalashnikov this year along with a folding saw. I got him a nice Protech a year or two ago, but he never carries it because it is too nice I guess. But, he can do what he wants with his things. He started immediately carrying the Kalashnikov 74, so thats good.

All my knives came early, so all I got on Christmas was the LODGE #10 I've been wanting which is currently on it's last seasoning cycle.

The Grohmann mini Russel lockback and WOSTENHOLM I*XL were what I consider early Christmas from a new forum friend which I got in November.
The Buck 119 was an actual Christmas gift which arrived last week.

Kershaw Strobe.

OM878Z7.jpg

Comfortable to use, carries small. Smooth enough that it doesn't even need thumb studs. The scales make it much harder to accidentally press the lock tab when you try to pop the blade open.

But this is going to bother me.

4KIChwc.jpg

Don't see it?

FswaKlF.jpg

Or here:

AQ82wpM.jpg

Yep, that weird little partial swedge isn't symmetrical. I can live with it. A sub-$30 knife is going to have some compromises. Otherwise it's very good, and a factory blemish means I don't have to worry about keeping it precious. Remember kids: the South American River Basin (online) may have the cheapest, but not always the best.

Don't worry, that asymmetric grind won't bother you any longer than the lock bar lasts. I've had two Strobes and they both broke in the exact same spot. It was a shame because I loved each of them while they lasted.

Back