What did Santa bring you?

And she’s still just your girlfriend? U should merry that one!

Ha ha, right? This woman is more into Knives than I am. She’s picked up a Sebenza, a Chaves, a Hinderer, a few Strider fixed blades and others just this past year. Hell, she got me a DLC Satu for my birthday which is only a couple weeks before Christmas so imagine my surprise when I opened this one. That’s some serious coin in gifts for one month and a major dent in her own knife collecting stash.

I got a Gerber Strongarm in BDZ-1 steel. It's really a fantastic knife.

Ha ha, right? This woman is more into Knives than I am. She’s picked up a Sebenza, a Chaves, a Hinderer, a few Strider fixed blades and others just this past year. Hell, she got me a DLC Satu for my birthday which is only a couple weeks before Christmas so imagine my surprise when I opened this one. That’s some serious coin in gifts for one month and a major dent in her own knife collecting stash.
You know your gonna have to marry her right?

Sadly Santa doesn't "....knows what you are thinking...." Christmas was pretty lean for me with no new knives. That's okay. My wife has trouble buying a shirt for me that I will like unless it's a Carhartt pocket tea shirt.

I don't know about Santa, but I got myself :
A Benchmade Crooked River with G-10.
A satin blade Spyderco Manix 2.

Last edited:
No knives for me on Christmas this year, which is fine by me.

But, I did give my dad and brother each their very first GEC knives - 2 beer scouts.

My son gave me a CRKT Crossbones. :)

I gave him among other things, a Kershaw AM4
He said he liked my AM3 but just wished it was a bit smaller.
Gift shopping puzzle solved! He loved it said it was perfect!

713k4xdBZKL._SX355_.jpg

s-l640.jpg

image.jpg

Bradford guardian 3 carbon fiber FFG m390
Police 4 k390

Santa brought me a Spyderco Para 3 with MXG deep carry clip. Been in my pocket ever since.

I recieved three rough rider trappers i'd had on my to buy list .
My missus apparently passed a few ideas onto my mum who still likes to spoil her son.
I got the us civil war trapper which comes in a nice presentation box comlete with a civil war bullet .
The gold flake trapper and the "dont tread on me trapper"
I really like these rough rider knives .
The fit and finish on all three are great.
All examples have a very sharp edge and zero blade play .
All feel very nice in the hand and the civil war trapper and gold flake are very nice indeed.
Coincidentally i bought the rough rider brass cowboy knife as part of my brothers christmas which i also really liked after getting one myself .
The rough rider knives are definately worth a look for traditionals at not a lot of money.
Happy new year folks .

No knives for me this year.
But i did get some sweet LL. Bean snow shoes. Hiking boots. And got a magic bullet blender, and socks. Lots of socks.
I got myself some metolius rock rings for training for climbing.
Only knife related thing i bought was a 3M 6800 full face respirator and tear off sheets to protect the lens. Been using a half face and safety goggles for 4 years, i welcome the upgrade.

Back