What did Santa bring you?

Faul
Don't worry, that asymmetric grind won't bother you any longer than the lock bar lasts. I've had two Strobes and they both broke in the exact same spot. It was a shame because I loved each of them while they lasted.

Failing locks are scary. Just spend the extra few bucks and keep all your fingers

Don't worry, that asymmetric grind won't bother you any longer than the lock bar lasts. I've had two Strobes and they both broke in the exact same spot. It was a shame because I loved each of them while they lasted.

Cool! I have access to a mill, if not motivation. We'll see what happens.....

ZT 0804cf. I actually to buy this knife at my local dealer. They had it for a CRAZY markdown because it is discontinued and was a display model so it had some minor scratches on the blade. The same day I went to buy it they sold it. I was very disappointed and ended up buying a 0220 that was also market down a crazy amount.
Come Christmas, I opened up my last gift from my parents and saw a ZT box and instantly knew what had happened. I told my mom a couple days before that was going to buy it when I got the chance if they still had it, come that next Tuesday we headed up there and apparently snuck in before me to get it! Talk about a great mom!
20171226_185928_zpsutfnv9n4.jpg
20171226_190035_zpsfclgczso.jpg
20171226_190008_zpsvoh2car1.jpg

My wife got me a Mora Eldris and I'm pretty stoked. Non-knife gifts include a new band for my fitbit, a nickelodeon 'Doug' Beets killer tofu tour '95 t-shirt (because I still love 90's cartoons), socks, various dvds.

Santa gave me at least one more Christmas with my father whos very ill and I got to see him and my nephew enjoy my father giving his grandson this CRK/Wilson Combat Large Inkosi that I helped him pick out ... the days we spent looking at gifts and knives were great sharing those with my dad ... and my nephew open this and my dad watching was my favorite moment of the whole holiday weekend

2017-12-25 15.18.05.jpg

I gave a Buck 110 to my friend, and a Victorinox SAK Tinker/classic combo pack to my daughter.

My wife got me a Mora Eldris and I'm pretty stoked. Non-knife gifts include a new band for my fitbit, a nickelodeon 'Doug' Beets killer tofu tour '95 t-shirt (because I still love 90's cartoons), socks, various dvds.

Aaaaahhh eeee yoooooo killer tofuuuuu.

I feel embarassed that I know that.

I'm a fan of old Barlows & this six-dot Case XX came in the mail last week. It's my Christmas present to myself. From the wear on the handle slabs, frame, bolsters, etc, it looks like it was carried daily for years, but has seen little actual use.
IMG_0668-X3.jpg

Santa gave me at least one more Christmas with my father whos very ill and I got to see him and my nephew enjoy my father giving his grandson this CRK/Wilson Combat Large Inkosi that I helped him pick out ... the days we spent looking at gifts and knives were great sharing those with my dad ... and my nephew open this and my dad watching was my favorite moment of the whole holiday weekend

View attachment 819389
That’s awesome

Santer Clause just dumped 6 or so inches of that cloud dandruff on me.
The S.O.B. could have at least given me a lump of coal along with the cloud dandruff to help heat the place ...

From my dad. My first ever knife gifted to me and my first Brous. Love this knife! It means so much to me as he is going through some very challenging health issues right now. I will cherish this knife until the day I die or can pass it on.

View attachment 819389

It’s awesome to hear cool stories like this during such tough times for you and your fathers.

These knives will be likely cherished forever.

View attachment 819389
That's fantastic! Those moments are the best. And that knife is gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Thanks BlakeHirschmugl BlakeHirschmugl ... the knife is exceptional ... and Josh at REK reworked the edge and sharpened it and got it back in time for Christmas ... and not sure whether dad or my nephew smiled bigger when my nephew opened it.

And I'm glad those who got special gifts or to share the day with those special people had the chance. Hope all had a good day.

Santa brought a BladeHQ gift certificate that -- through sheer force of will -- I haven't spent yet. :eek: I've been eyeing the Manix 2 LW for a couple months, and it might go towards one of those at some point.

I gave my youngest son a Victorinox Camper with the Mt. Rainier artwork since we used to live near there and I received a Case Canoe with the canoe etched on the blade which was very unexpected and much appreciated.

Back