What did you use your SAK for today?

It wasn’t necessarily the knife, but the pen came in handy when my girls had to sign their tags for the Antelope they harvested. The tweezers are getting lots of use pulling out little prickly things from all the crawling around on hands and knees!!!
1-F311596-529-F-4619-B65-A-F45-D14247098.jpg

I don‘t have any photos, but we used both my daughters Victorinox Hunters on their Antelope. I showed them how useful the gut hook is to keep the green stuff off of you😜

I'm working through the night and as I always do, I put a small hole in the top of chemical IBCs to aid ventilation. I brought a Pioneer to see if it's awl is any better then the awl on my Huntsman. I found the Pioneer does a much neater hole in the 4mm plastic, but took longer then the Huntsman took to do the job. Not very scientific but I'm going to keep using the Huntsman's awl, in this case neatness doesn't matter.

2:30am patch up on an RTV that was leaking coolant out a broken bleeder hose. A tec-screw and some plastic cut to size and jammed in the hose stopped the leak quick smart. The cap lifter does an excellent job of tightening small hose clamps. My SAK saved a 3km walk back to the Ute.
Dan. You need to write a book with all you have done with your SAKs!!👍😁👍
John 🤠

Now that is a true MacGyver move!!!
I recently watched a "classic" MacGyver episode in which Mac uses the cap lifter to pick the lock of a car trunk, then later uses the main blade 😧 to pick a door lock.

Reactions: 315
Back